Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-08-2021, 11:27 AM   #136
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galunid View Post
Yup, that was reply to your question. I'd wait with flashing though, just do `fastboot boot magisk_patched.img` whenever you need it.

Hi

I am assuming that I wont need to flash the twrp image and that will give me root access until the next OS upgrade?

Last edited by loviedovie; 04-08-2021 at 11:42 AM.
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 03:55 PM   #137
Galunid
Zealot
Galunid writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Galunid writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Galunid writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Galunid writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Galunid writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Galunid writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Galunid writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Galunid writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Galunid writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Galunid writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Galunid writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: KPW3, Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Nova 2
You shouldn't flash TWRP image at all. The rooting procedure is the same for most Onyx devices, TWRP builds are different across them and as far as I know, only Max 3 has them. `fastboot boot magisk_patched.img` gives you root access until next reboot. I would suggest to do this first, since if something goes wrong, the device won't be bricked permanently, and a simple reboot will fix any problems that arise. If you're certain the patched boot image works as it's supposed to, only then do the "permanent" flash.
Galunid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2021, 08:21 PM   #138
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galunid View Post
You shouldn't flash TWRP image at all. The rooting procedure is the same for most Onyx devices, TWRP builds are different across them and as far as I know, only Max 3 has them. `fastboot boot magisk_patched.img` gives you root access until next reboot. I would suggest to do this first, since if something goes wrong, the device won't be bricked permanently, and a simple reboot will fix any problems that arise. If you're certain the patched boot image works as it's supposed to, only then do the "permanent" flash.
Thanks for the reply. This is very helpful. One last question if you do not mind. How do I do the "permanent" flash"?
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:27 AM   #139
Galunid
Zealot
Galunid writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Galunid writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Galunid writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Galunid writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Galunid writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Galunid writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Galunid writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Galunid writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Galunid writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Galunid writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Galunid writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: KPW3, Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Nova 2
`fastboot flash boot <boot_image_name>.img`. I think https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=336523 does a better job of explaining what to do in what order. You can get decrypted boot image by using https://github.com/Hagb/decryptBooxUpdateUpx and then use magisk to patch it. The procedure is the same for most devices, the boot image is different, hence why you need to prepare your own.
Galunid is offline   Reply With Quote