Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-06-2021, 01:47 PM   #5296
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
This was on sale back in February for $2.99. Now it's on sale for $1.99, so if you didn't like $2.99, maybe $1.99 is better ...

Links below are still good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Uneasy Lies the Crown is a fairly recent (2018, #13) title in the Lady Emily series by Tasha Alexander. I read a few titles in this series early on, in paperback, and then have read a few later titles when/as they went on sale in e-book. I've liked all that I've read.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Uneasy-Lies-C...dp/B079DVFV8X/
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/Uneasy-Lies...dp/B079DVFV8X/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/uneasy-lies-the-crown
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 01:30 PM   #5297
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The King's Justice is the ninth and most recent (2020) in Susan Elia MacNeal's enjoyable (to me, at least) Maggie Hope series - at least, that is, until the new one comes out in July. It has gone on sale both in the US at $1.99 and the UK at £1.49. Those prices are within a few cents of each other, at least according to my favorite forex site. It's probably on sale at Kobo UK also, but I don't typically check there.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Kings-Justice...dp/B07S8LCBB7/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the-king-s-justice-9
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07S8LCBB7

Spoiler:
Quote:
Can a stolen violin lead secret agent and spy Maggie Hope to a serial killer terrorizing London? Find out as the acclaimed World War II mystery series from New York Times bestselling author Susan Elia MacNeal continues.

“A wartime mystery to sink your teeth into.”—Kate Quinn, New York Times bestselling author of The Huntress

Maggie Hope started out as Winston Churchill’s secretary, but now she’s a secret agent—and the only one who can figure out how the missing violin ties into a series of horrifying murders.

London, December 1943. As the Russian army repels German forces from Stalingrad, Maggie Hope takes a much-needed break from spying to defuse bombs in London. But Maggie herself is an explosion waiting to happen. Traumatized by her past, she finds herself living dangerously—taking huge risks, smoking, drinking, and speeding through the city streets on a motorbike. The last thing she wants is to get entangled in another crime.

But when she’s called upon to look into the theft of a Stradivarius, one of the finest violins ever made, Maggie can’t resist. Meanwhile, there’s a serial killer on the loose in London, targeting conscientious objectors. Little does Maggie know that investigating this dangerous predator will pit her against a new evil—and old enemies. Only Maggie can uncover the connection between the robbery, the murders, and a link to her own past.
Old 04-08-2021, 01:35 PM   #5298
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

If you waited, you are happy now! Serpentine has now dropped to £0.99 at Kindle UK. Link is still good.

Quote:
I am not super fond of psychological thrillers. And so, having read somewhere that Jonathan Kellerman’s main character in his main series is a psychologist, Alex Delaware, I just sort of wrote the series off, assuming that these were psychological thrillers. (And you know what they say about when you assume something – although if I actually say it, I'll probably get in trouble...)

In any case, I had a chance to read an ARC of Kellerman's 36th and latest book, Serpentine, a while back, and discovered that it was instead a pretty nice police procedural, and I liked it a lot. Now Serpentine has gone on sale in the UK for £2.99. Which is a little odd - the UK habit of putting frontlist books very briefly on sale soon after publication is usually at £0.99. But this is still a really good price for a book that came out only two months ago, so I'd grab it if you want it.

And now my TBR list is 35 titles longer in one fell swoop .

Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B088WMHB4T
Kindle UK/Smile: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B088WMHB4T

Last edited by sufue; 04-08-2021 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-08-2021, 04:46 PM   #5299
SleepyBob
Addict
SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SleepyBob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
So you talked me into looking into borrowing some of the Alex Delaware (Jonathan Kellerman) books. Does anyone know how much storyline crosses from book to book? Normally I would start with #1 in the series, but #4 is available now, and #1 has a 4 month waitlist.
SleepyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:59 PM   #5300
Gronk
Zealot
Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, PW2, Sony PRS 950, 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyBob View Post
So you talked me into looking into borrowing some of the Alex Delaware (Jonathan Kellerman) books. Does anyone know how much storyline crosses from book to book? Normally I would start with #1 in the series, but #4 is available now, and #1 has a 4 month waitlist.
While it would be nice to read them sequentially I didn't and you don't really need to.
Gronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:08 PM   #5301
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Yeah, I don't recall there being multi-book story arcs
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:17 AM   #5302
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Nook GL, Kobo Aura
In The Woods by Tana French, the first book in the Dublin Murder Squad series, is $1.99 at Amazon US.

https://www.amazon.com/Woods-Dublin-.../dp/B000U913EI
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 03:07 PM   #5303
BetterRead
Groupie
BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet
Five of the Peter Duluth mysteries by Patrick Quentin are currently on sale for $1.99 at Amazon US and Kobo.

The titles are:

#1 - Puzzle for Fools
#2 - Puzzle for Players
#3 - Puzzle for Puppets
#5 - Puzzle for Fiends
#6 - Puzzle for Pilgrims
BetterRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 04:31 AM   #5304
Kieran Seymour
Addict
Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Finders Keepers, the middle part of the Bill Hodges (Mr Mercedes) trilogy by Stephen King, is currently down to 99p at a couple of retailers in the UK.

amazon.co.uk | Google Play
Kieran Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 11:37 AM   #5305
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The Deadly Mystery of the Missing Diamonds by T E Kinsey is just £0.99 at Amazon UK today.

I read this in February, and enjoyed it. Well worth £0.99 IMO.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 11:36 PM   #5306
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

This omnibus has dropped to something under $100 in the US for the first time ever, at least according to eReaderIQ. And it's quite a lot under $100 - it's priced at $39.49 right now, which is just a smidge over $2 per book, if you need them all. This is a pretty fun series, with lots of LOL moments.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00URVJD6O
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00URVJD6O

Quote:
There is an omnibus of the first eighteen titles in the Meg Langslow series, by Donna Andrews. It's called The Meg Langslow Series Thus Far: Books 1-18 of the Series. It's been available in the UK before in the £40 range a couple of times, and in the £30 range once, but now it's on sale for £18.57. That works out to only a bit more than £1 each if you need them all. But this could work out to a pretty good deal even if you just need some of them, so do your math! I'm quite fond of this series, and I've laughed out loud through many of the books, and not just the puns in their titles !

Link and additional info in this previous post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4051218
Old 04-12-2021, 11:09 AM   #5307
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Deadlocked is the 12th and next-to-most-recent (2013) in the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. It has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle US as part of the Daily Deal and is matched at Kobo US.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Deadlocked-So...dp/B0072NZZGM/
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/Deadlocked-...dp/B0072NZZGM/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/dea...ackhouse-novel

Spoiler:
Quote:
In the penultimate novel in the #1 New York Times bestselling series—the inspiration for the HBO® original series True Blood—Sookie Stackhouse must work with her first love to clear her current undead flame of murder...

Felipe de Castro, the vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), is in town. It’s the worst possible time for a human body to show up in Eric Northman’s front yard—especially the body of a woman whose blood he just drank. Now it’s up to Sookie and Bill Compton, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl’s fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who has set out to make Sookie’s world come crashing down.
Old 04-12-2021, 12:06 PM   #5308
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3, PPW 2 3, HDX, KBasic 5, 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
On Her Majesty’s Frightfully Secret Service By Rhys Bowen $1.99 Amazon, Kobo and B&N
1st in series mystery cozy. Love this series. Set around 1920s.

Land of Wolves By Craig Johnson $2.99 Amazon, Kobo and B&N
Thriller

You Betrayed Me By Lisa Jackson $1.99 Amazon, Kobo and B&N
Suspense

Last edited by Tarana; 04-12-2021 at 12:11 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:01 AM   #5309
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3, PPW 2 3, HDX, KBasic 5, 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
The Scorpion’s Tail By Preston and Child $4.99 Amazon, Kobo and B&N
Just published this year, lowest price so far. Nora Kelly series book 2

Quote:
When a mummified body is discovered in New Mexico, archaeologist Nora Kelly and FBI Agent Corrie Swanson become entangled in a diabolical mystery with a deadly sting.
The Child By Fiona Barton $1.99 Amazon, Kobo and B&N
I haven't read this author, but this was 2017 NPR Book of the year.

Quote:
When tiny bones are found at a London construction site, reporter Kate connects the discovery to a decades-old missing child case…

Last edited by Tarana; 04-14-2021 at 12:42 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:42 PM   #5310
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

It's been a while since I've noticed one of Elaine Viets' titles go free. But now here are two titles in her formerly traditionally published Josie Marcus, Mystery Shopper series, both free right now at Kindle US and UK. Death on a Platter is the seventh in the series and Murder Is a Piece of Cake is the eighth. And both are free right now at Kindle US and UK.

Death on a Platter
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PGQZ7ZS
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PGQZ7ZS
Spoiler:
Quote:
Mystery shopper Josie Marcus digs into another meaty murder investigation when a local restaurant owner is charged with picking off a problem customer…

Josie is getting a taste of St. Louis’s foodie scene—Travel America Guided Tours just hired her to test area restaurants for an upcoming package. Their list includes Tillie’s Off the Hill, a classic Italian joint owned by Tillie Minnelli, a former classmate of Josie’s mother. It should be a pretty sweet gig, but the assignment quickly turns sour when an unruly customer dies after eating Tillie’s special sauce.

While detectives move to put Tillie on ice for murder, Josie’s mom implores Josie to whip up another amateur investigation. The case has more secret ingredients than anyone anticipated: a jilted lover, a greedy real estate developer, and even a disgruntled employee. But there’s no time for Josie to savor all the possibilities, she must skewer the culinary killer before someone else is served a final course.

Murder Is a Piece of Cake
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PDNM97G
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PDNM97G
Spoiler:
Quote:
Before mystery shopper Josie Marcus can say “I do” she must solve a matrimonial murder to keep her in-law from becoming an inmate...

As a bride-to-be, Josie’s latest assignment is a gift—mystery shopping flower and cake vendors for a popular St. Louis wedding website. She even meets another bride, Molly Deaver, at the local florist. Turns out, Josie and Molly have a lot in common, including the groom! Molly has been stalking Dr. Ted for months, but after his high-maintenance mother, Lenore, confronts the faux fiancée, everyone believes Molly is history. Instead, she’s murdered and Ted’s pistol-packing mama is cuffed for the crime.

While it’s tempting to leave her future mother-in-law behind bars, Josie knows she and Ted can’t get married until Lenore is freed. It’s up to Josie and her amateur sleuthing skills to unwrap this case, clear Lenore’s name, and unveil the real killer…or her wedding bells could soon become death knells.