Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-12-2021, 07:40 AM   #1
norweger
Addict
norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.

Device: Android-phone, HTC Desire Z
Screen Protector, do you use it?

I got a screen protector with my Onyx Boox Note3, but so far I haven't put it on, as it looks glossy. If you got a screen protector with yours, have you used it, and are you happy with it?
norweger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:33 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 5, Likebook 4, Tolino 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by norweger View Post
I got a screen protector with my Onyx Boox Note3, but so far I haven't put it on, as it looks glossy. If you got a screen protector with yours, have you used it, and are you happy with it?
I have not been able to mount them bubble-free on my devices and therefore use my devices without them.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 01:02 PM   #3
norweger
Addict
norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.

Device: Android-phone, HTC Desire Z
Appreciated!
norweger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 02:46 PM   #4
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The last screen protector I bought and used was for the Nintendo Switch. My ereaders have flip covers so for me that's good enough. Likewise for my phone and tablet, I always buy a case/cover for it that has a flip cover. The idea of not having flip covers gives me the willies because when I want it with me I toss them in my backpack when I go out and there's all kinds of stuff in there that could scratch them. I used to be a bit obsessive about using them but they've fallen by the wayside for me.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 04:45 PM   #5
.kai
.kai began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max3, Kobo Aura ONE
I did not put a screen protector on my Max 3 (even though the shop where I got it from was so nice as to include a free protector when they shipped the Max 3).

So I have been using my Max without protector quite a lot for half a year now and my experience is two-fold:

On the bright side, the wear is minimal and I am happy with the feel to the stylus on the (non-glossy) screen. So I'm happy with my decision.

On the other side, I am always a little nervous about scratches (for example: I do not let my kids draw on my Max) and I'm careful not to apply too much pressure, though I'm determined to be "fine" with it should I scratch it someday. It's meant to be used after all.

hope this helps
kai
.kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 11:46 AM   #6
mashkanevesta
mashkanevesta began at the beginning.

Device: Onix Boox Note Air
I do not use it on my Boox Note Air
mashkanevesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 12:34 PM   #7
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NG,NSTG,NST,AuraHD,OnyxT68,Lynx, BoyueT62,NGP,Aura1,Oasis,Mars
I didn't apply the included screen protector either. I have the Nova 3 color and it's already darker than the non-color version don't want to add another layer. Also I *love* the feeling of the pen on the screen, I don't want to change that experience to worse.
And yes, it's hard to apply w/out bubbles so not even going there.
In general I don't apply screen protectors to my devices; by nature I take good care of them and where I feel like they are liable to be scratched (like a reader in a backpack) I buy covers/cases (which I have for Nova 3).
So far I didn't have any incident of scratched screen (God forbid a cracked one :scared: )
dnastase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 03:11 AM   #8
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Just got my Nova 3 yesterday and I'm thinking I'm not going to use the included screen protector.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 03:46 AM   #9
menpe
Enthusiast
menpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx Boox i86HDML+
A simple flip cover was more than enough for years in my backpack.
menpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 11:01 AM   #10
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
I installed a screen protector on my original Note after noticing some micro scratches on the screen as I tend to press fairly hard when I write or draw. However, I couldn't do a bubble-free installation of the screen protector. Luckily, the bubbles are small and don't affect the usability of the device.

Didn't apply a screen protector to either my Note Pro or my Nova Pro as they have a harder screen which doesn't seem to need it.

Will not be applying the screen protector that cam with my Nova 3 Color as the screen is already dark enough without adding another layer. Also the screen face seems similar to my Nova Pro so I don't think It will need it.

I do, however, always get covers for my ereaders so that I can feel confident when stuffing them into a bag full of various other objects.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 05:01 AM   #11
QuillBoox
QuillBoox began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Air
Paper effect film

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
The last screen protector I bought and used was for the Nintendo Switch. My ereaders have flip covers so for me that's good enough. Likewise for my phone and tablet, I always buy a case/cover for it that has a flip cover. The idea of not having flip covers gives me the willies because when I want it with me I toss them in my backpack when I go out and there's all kinds of stuff in there that could scratch them. I used to be a bit obsessive about using them but they've fallen by the wayside for me.
Hi, I resume this old thread cause I want use a screen protector but I'm also having problems with the screen protector of my Onyx Air, the one included in the package is really worth it and after reading about the problems here and elsewhere, I even tried to apply it in the bathroom after having saturated the room with steam but nothing ...applying it without bubbles is impossible (and besides it is really smooth and does not give the paper effect at all).

I learned through another forum that Doodroo (they make the best paper effect film for ipad) just released one for Onyx Air but I can't find it on their site ... someone has had the opportunity to try it or has the product link?
QuillBoox is offline   Reply With Quote