Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-15-2018, 04:44 PM   #16
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by foobnix View Post
>I would like to use the page buttons to turn the page, but I have only the sound menu.
Librera should support Boox hardware keys from the box, if not works you can run keycode util @@keycode_config in the search input field, you can send me keycode values I can make them as default (please see screenshot)
Thanks Foobnix, Gimble gived the solution, it's depending from the Max2 :
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimble View Post
Page turn buttons in Onyx Max2 should work in other apps too. In the top right of the home screen, one of the icons will be a circle that can switch to -+ or <> - that controls the page turn button behavior.

Quote:
>initial page 16, the link jump to the page 188 and I want to go back to page 16.
If you go by internal link, in the bottom left should appear icon to return for previous page or you can use back button
Thanks again, I found the the icon

Quote:
>Now, if I want reduce the page's width, the font's size is reduced too, you can look at the pictures.
Please change font size from the book menu for text book format like epub (not zoom in-out)
It's working too, but for the Max2 in landscape mode, a value of '30' is very low. Could you go to '500' (or more), like this in portrait mode or in landscape mode it will give a very good result, like the pagination of a paper book with 1 column or 2 column ?
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:52 PM   #17
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Beta 7.8.40 : links and pagination.

I use the beta version 7.8.40 for EPUB or PDF. I've clean the configuration like indicated here : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=402

For each book (EPUB or PDF) the configuration is forgotten. At each time, when I open the book that I am reading, I must configure 'Book mode' and '2 pages'.

For EPUB files, the links are not usable. With Neoread2 (from Onyx), some text are well placed, like some stars '*' between the paragraphs, the pagination is goof but not with the Beta 7.8.40. For the EPUB format, I found the same issues than with my M92 and FBReader.

This situation could be normal, I don't know if Librera is mainly done for PDF or is previous to support PDF and EPUB at same level.
Advert
Old 04-16-2018, 04:03 AM   #18
foobnix
Connoisseur
foobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it is

Device: Librera PRO - 50% OFF - Black Friday
Randy11,
>At each time, when I open the book that I am reading, I must configure 'Book mode' and '2 pages'.
You can remember reading mode (from the left menu or in the dialog, set "Remember")
2 pages is individual settings for every book, if you open the same book second time will be 2 pages on screen.
There is one problem some settings are general but some individual for book, I don't know how to better organize it for users.

>For EPUB files, the links are not usable. With Neoread2 (from Onyx), some text are well placed, like some stars '*' between the paragraphs,
Please add screenshots and book for check
foobnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:12 AM   #19
UncleZeno
Connoisseur
UncleZeno began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx N96ML
Hi,

I still do not have the app installed and I already love it!
A quick question... I understand that at the moment we cannot take handwritten notes with pen. Am I right? Any plan to implement this feature?

Thanks!
UncleZeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 03:32 PM   #20
foobnix
Connoisseur
foobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleZeno View Post
A quick question... I understand that at the moment we cannot take handwritten notes with pen. Am I right?
Thanks!
You can add draw handwritten annotation in the document only for PDF books. But for all book formats you can easy add text bookmarks with notes.
Advert
Old 04-22-2018, 12:21 PM   #21
UncleZeno
Connoisseur
UncleZeno began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx N96ML
Quote:
You can add draw handwritten annotation in the document only for PDF books. But for all book formats you can easy add text bookmarks with notes.
Great! Thanks for your answer. I honestly need this for PDF mainly so it will do the job
UncleZeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:19 AM   #22
foobnix
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleZeno View Post
Great! Thanks for your answer. I honestly need this for PDF mainly so it will do the job
Please find screenshot attached with small "tutorial"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-04-23 11-31-45.png
Views:	287
Size:	285.7 KB
ID:	163619  
Old 04-28-2018, 04:38 PM   #23
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Randy11,
>At each time, when I open the book that I am reading, I must configure 'Book mode' and '2 pages'.
You can remember reading mode (from the left menu or in the dialog, set "Remember")
2 pages is individual settings for every book, if you open the same book second time will be 2 pages on screen.
There is one problem some settings are general but some individual for book, I don't know how to better organize it for users.
This part is not easy to find for me, I think that I find the trick, but I'm not sure. Could you make a screenshot ?

Quote:
>For EPUB files, the links are not usable. With Neoread2 (from Onyx), some text are well placed, like some stars '*' between the paragraphs,
Please add screenshots and book for check
For the moment, I can find a book that I can give her, all are commercial... O'Reilly, The Pragmatic bookshelf or a source like https://www.7switch.com/fr with many editor. I know that it's not easy for you to understand the situation.

I give you my list of troubles :
  • in EPUB, the link is not usable;
  • in PDF file, Pragmatic Bookshelf, the link is not followed, but the page is turned;
  • 2 PDF files from O'Reilly, Programming Ruby (bought when O'Reilly sell directly the books), the pagination is awful;
  • 2 EPUB file to compare with NeoReader 2 where the links are usable;
  • the same EPUB file with NeoReader2 with the code for the Sudoku;
  • the pagination is not the same with Neoreader2 and Librera;
  • for EPUB, could you authorize a BIG value for the margins, the indentation has the same maximum value than the margin :-( , see the two pictures. For the Max2, a maximum value for the margin of 500 will be useful to have the same aspect than a paper book.

I am going to search some file that I can put her to help you.

Thanks for your help !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180412-075727.r.png
Views:	231
Size:	463.5 KB
ID:	163716   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180412-080927.r.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	410.4 KB
ID:	163717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180413-082643.png
Views:	217
Size:	491.6 KB
ID:	163719   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180413-082703.png
Views:	213
Size:	651.0 KB
ID:	163720   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180413-083333.png
Views:	198
Size:	552.9 KB
ID:	163721   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180413-083408.png
Views:	191
Size:	418.4 KB
ID:	163722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180413-083545.png
Views:	213
Size:	522.5 KB
ID:	163723   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180413-084057.png
Views:	220
Size:	1,004.9 KB
ID:	163724   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180413-084458.png
Views:	203
Size:	241.8 KB
ID:	163725   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180423-182905.png
Views:	202
Size:	459.2 KB
ID:	163726   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180423-183225.png
Views:	204
Size:	462.0 KB
ID:	163727  
Old 05-19-2018, 01:58 AM   #24
Randy11
Wizard

I've found a free EPUB file with some links on Gallica : http://gallica.bnf.fr/services/engin...dvancedSearch/

I've check the links with "L'esprit des lois" of MONTESQUIEU.
Attached Files
File Type: epub L_esprit_des_lois_bpt6k56753429.epub (215.3 KB, 171 views)
Old 05-29-2018, 10:20 AM   #25
charliebub
Connoisseur
charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Max2
Librera for Max 2 - which version?

Hi all, this thread has really piqued my interest in Librera for my Max 2. I see there's an e-paper version! So, my question is, which will be better for the Max 2, the 'Pro' (paid-for) version or the e-paper version, of Librera?

Thanks chaps, John B.
charliebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:55 PM   #26
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebub View Post
Hi all, this thread has really piqued my interest in Librera for my Max 2. I see there's an e-paper version! So, my question is, which will be better for the Max 2, the 'Pro' (paid-for) version or the e-paper version, of Librera?

Thanks chaps, John B.
I have Librera on my Note. The "e-paper version" is one of the settings in Pro! It's not a separate version/app. So, get Pro, and you're good!

I've used Librera for ePub, azw, and pdf, and I'm impressed so far.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:00 PM   #27
charliebub
Connoisseur
charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I have Librera on my Note. The "e-paper version" is one of the settings in Pro! It's not a separate version/app. So, get Pro, and you're good!

I've used Librera for ePub, azw, and pdf, and I'm impressed so far.
Thanks for that downeaster' - you've answered the exact point that I had in mind re the pro-version, which I'll now go ahead and buy.

John B.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:11 PM   #28
alvises
alvises began at the beginning.

Device: reMarkable, Boox Max2, iPad Pro
Guys, why to use Librera instead of the default note/max2 reader (neoreader?) ?
alvises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 03:54 PM   #29
charliebub
Connoisseur

Why replace Neoreader2 reader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvises View Post
Personally I think that's a good question my friend, the built-in reader is actually serving me very well - but!

The 'killer feature' for me is the ability to read in (landscape of course) two-page view - although I'd fall off of my chair if Onxy's (supposedly at least) soon-to-arrive new software doesn't include this feature....

I'm using my Max 2 every day now to take notes for my small Botanical lab and associated research and am finding it to be all I hoped it would be - simply superb (that's not to say however that improvements can't be made with future firmware updates etc, but as an early device of it's kind, and with the primary functions of note-taking and document-reading in mind I simply love it, despite it's awfully high cost..) and very convenient.

I even tried to 'turn the page' as I was taking notes with it - it has become a very natural experience for me to take notes with the Max 2 as I would with an A4 notebook formerly.

So-far, so very good, including the built-in Neoreader2 software, but there's always room for improvement!

John B.
Old 05-29-2018, 04:26 PM   #30
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvises View Post
I agree. NeoReader is quite good. Still, I've seen some good comments about Librera, and so I figured it was worth the try. Besides, apps don't really cost that much - really. Buying one, now and then, is a good way to support development - especially if the dev takes an interest in our device and is willing to accommodate E-Ink. That willingness alone is worth the price of the app, IMHO!!!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote