Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-01-2021, 02:40 PM   #1
exalaskan
exalaskan is the One.exalaskan is the One.exalaskan is the One.exalaskan is the One.exalaskan is the One.exalaskan is the One.exalaskan is the One.exalaskan is the One.exalaskan is the One.exalaskan is the One.exalaskan is the One.

Device: paperwhite, iphone
calibre sync questions

I've had this Libra for a couple of days (love it already!). Loaded up NickelMenu and KOReader.

I've found two ways to connect it to calibre to load books -- direct by connecting it to my computer with a usb cable, and from KOReader wirelessly. When I connect with a usb cable, it copies /mnt/onboard. When I first connected with KOReader, I remember seeing a suggestion about not using the /mnt/onboard to put my books, so I created a directory called /mnt/calibre and KOReader copies books there. The problem is that I can only put a handful of epubs on before it says "out of space".

I have two questions. First, is there a general consensus for where I should be storing my side-loaded books? Second, how do I tell calibre a different path to use as "main device storage"?

Thanks!

-ex
exalaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 03:53 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think using /mnt/calibre is a very bad idea. That will (I believe) place files in the device's root file system; not in a location that you can access by any means other than koreader. It won't be visible when the device is attached via usb to your PC.

I'm not a koreader user so can't comment on what location you should use, apart from saying it should be in the /mnt/onboard directory tree.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2021, 12:09 AM   #3
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Glo HD, Touch C/B, Mini, Glo, Aura SE, Clara HD, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by exalaskan View Post
I've had this Libra for a couple of days (love it already!). Loaded up NickelMenu and KOReader.

I've found two ways to connect it to calibre to load books -- direct by connecting it to my computer with a usb cable, and from KOReader wirelessly. When I connect with a usb cable, it copies /mnt/onboard. When I first connected with KOReader, I remember seeing a suggestion about not using the /mnt/onboard to put my books, so I created a directory called /mnt/calibre and KOReader copies books there. The problem is that I can only put a handful of epubs on before it says "out of space".

I have two questions. First, is there a general consensus for where I should be storing my side-loaded books? Second, how do I tell calibre a different path to use as "main device storage"?

Thanks!

-ex
You should be storing your books in /mnt/onboard, as it's the onboard partition that's mounted there (mmbclk0p3). That onboard partition is about 7-8GB and is mounted in a folder so you can access files inside. The root filesystem (mmcblk0p1) is only 256MB in size, and since nothing is mounted in /mnt/calibre, that's why it runs out of space.
NiMa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre