Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 02-20-2021, 02:58 PM   #1
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
Spare Parts for Boyue Mimas

Hi,

I broke the SD card slot on my Likebook Mimas in a nasty fall, anyone know where to get spare parts?
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 04:36 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Ebay, for a few cents.
Soldering it is the hard bit. Also there are a few different mounts. Some have the connections at the back (logical) and some strangely have them at the front.
Or cannibalise a cheap SD Card USB adaptor. They are less than €5 in local shops.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2021, 04:51 PM   #3
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Ebay, for a few cents.
Soldering it is the hard bit. Also there are a few different mounts. Some have the connections at the back (logical) and some strangely have them at the front.
Or cannibalise a cheap SD Card USB adaptor. They are less than €5 in local shops.
Yeah... no, I was hoping to buy a new IO board, I'm not that bad at soldering, but i don't have the gear to solder something that tiny
Old 02-21-2021, 07:55 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It's not very small.
You pre-tin the connections and reflow. An 18W to 40W iron with a regular tip. You can solder two or three connections at once. Cut off the broken one and clean the pads with fluxed braid.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 11:43 AM   #5
Amon_Re
Zealot

Well, Boyue doesn't sell parts, so I ordered a set of microsd card slots, need to find a new soldering iron now, because the one I have is absolutely not fit for this task, if it even still works, hasn't been plugged in for 20 years or so

Wish me luck
Advert
Old 02-25-2021, 02:18 PM   #6
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon_Re View Post
Well, Boyue doesn't sell parts, so I ordered a set of microsd card slots, need to find a new soldering iron now, because the one I have is absolutely not fit for this task, if it even still works, hasn't been plugged in for 20 years or so

Wish me luck
let us know how it goes and take pics of the before and after!
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote