Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-03-2021, 07:16 PM   #1
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Australian Poetry Anthologies?

One of my Reading Challenges here for this year was to read poetry from each of the Five Eyes. So far, I've read an anthology of WWI poetry from Britain, a collection of English-language poetry by New Zealand Māori poets, and one of the "Best Canadian Poetry" series, from 2019. I have a similar "Best of 2019" anthology from the US, but to complete my challenge, I'm looking for a similar anthology available in digital format from Australia. I have found a few antologies, all paper, which would be expensive to ship to my country. Also, I'd love a wide-ranging anthology, like the US & Canadian ones, that contain a diverse set of voices. Can anyone recommend such a book?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:44 PM   #2
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I don't have any in e-book form, so can't give very specific recommendations. I can see that some do exist but look like they have accessibility problems outside Australia.

I was always partial to Judith Wright, and see Kobo AU have a collection here, and Kobo US show it here.

Kobo also have this humongous collection: "Australian Poetry Since 1788" AU US. This is more like the wide ranging selection you were looking for, with work from many poets, but it is huge and so correspondingly expensive (and my searches on Amazon didn't show it as anything but hardcover, if you normally shop there). Maybe a library will have it?
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:18 PM   #3
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Kobo also have this humongous collection: "Australian Poetry Since 1788" AU US. This is more like the wide ranging selection you were looking for, with work from many poets, but it is huge and so correspondingly expensive (and my searches on Amazon didn't show it as anything but hardcover, if you normally shop there). Maybe a library will have it?
Thank you! A search of my country's national library system showed a few copies available to borrow via an interlibrary lending scheme. The search also revealed that that the University of NSW has an ebook copy - a shame I couldn't borrow from THAT library.
Old 04-12-2021, 02:47 AM   #4
Camellia
She / Her
Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I'd like to recommend The Anthology of Australian Prose Poetry, collected by Cassandra Atherton and Paul Hetherington.
Camellia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 05:11 AM   #5
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camellia View Post
I'd like to recommend The Anthology of Australian Prose Poetry, collected by Cassandra Atherton and Paul Hetherington.
I did see that one, and will probably get around to it, but as a poetry novice, I'm starting off with more traditional forms. My experience of prose poems in the anthologies I've read so far makes me think I'm not ready for that for of the art yet.