Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-27-2021, 01:17 PM   #1
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Kobo Forma will not connect to calibre

Hello
I get this error message when I plug my Forma in.

calibre, version 3.44.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 89, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 512, in _books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 1943, in books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 1822, in get_bookshelvesforbook
File "src/cursor.c", line 236, in resetcursor
CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

I have searched the forum and not found a solution.
Restarting the device via the on/off button does not help.

I did notice prior to this that I deleted a book on the Forma and it is still there, after confirming the deletion. Other than that noticed nothing odd.
I manually deleted the book on my PC and that made no difference.

Any suggestions please how to make it connect?

Can I manually edit the database disk image to correct it?
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 02:15 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
If the database is corrupt them you can either restore from a recent backup, or sign-out from your Kobo account on the device (which will remove the database along with any books on your device that were downloaded from the Kobo store).

If you've signed out then you will have to redo the Kobo setup procedure.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 02:52 PM   #3
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thank you - I'll try that.
Can I not just delete the database myself instead?
Old 03-27-2021, 03:42 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
thank you - I'll try that.
Can I not just delete the database myself instead?
Sure you can. You'll still have to go through the setup stage

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 06:13 AM   #5
Ned
Ebook reader

right, Ill do what you said in the first place then
thanks
Old 03-28-2021, 09:29 AM   #6
Ned
Ebook reader

Just to let you know that I signed out and in again as you recommended and it worked like a charm. (don't you hate it when people ask for advice and don't tell you how it turned out?)

Quite fast and painless really and it's left my firmware and patches alone too.

I don't use any of the measuring facilities or get books over the air on the Forma, just read ones I put on from Calibre so haven't lost anything that I can see.

And Calibre works normally with it now.

Thanks again
Old 03-28-2021, 11:04 AM   #7
RowdyRuff
Connoisseur
RowdyRuff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RowdyRuff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RowdyRuff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RowdyRuff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Forma, Nook ST
Relief all 'round; panic over!
RowdyRuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 02:38 PM   #8
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Just a note: Unless you have a faulty device, or are very unlucky with random sunspots, the most likely way for a problem like this crop up is the result of disonnecting the device from a PC without properly ejecting the media first.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote