Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-11-2019, 05:13 PM   #1
tibati
tibati began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
mobi not working anymore?

hello all,

a bit of a weird situation. whenever i import books in caliber, it converts them automatically to mobi and then i send to my kindle paperwhite. since a few weeks, all those mobi books will not open on my kindle, i get the message "could not open book. if it was purchased on amazon, try to redownload the book".

but the funny thing is that all my older mobi books already on my kindle still open no problem. only new ones that i add dont open.

if i convert them to azw3 they work.

any ideas? running mac with latest 4.3 calibre... thanks
tibati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:56 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Who knows amazon never provides an useful error information. Probably resetting your kindle will do the trick or just continue using azw3.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote