Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 09-04-2019, 11:37 PM   #1711
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umesh View Post
Hello Mr. Willus Sir. Thank you for the software. If worked great for me for quite sometime, but now if I select the option of 'postprocess with ghostscript', the application crashes. This option worked fine on the day that I had earlier installed Ghostscript PostScript and PDF Interpreter. Could you list a possible solution and also could you please give a link to the precise exe file of Ghostscript that needs to be installed.
Regards,
Umesh
Can you maybe post a screen shot of the crash--what it looks like? Yes, I can see where it might crash if it cannot correctly find the Ghostscript DLL--I'll put that on my bug list. It should put up a dialog box saying it can't run Ghostscript.

It looks for the Ghostscript DLL by:
1. Looking in the Windows registry for the GS_DLL key.
2. Looking for gsdll64.dll, gswin64c.exe, gsdll32.dll, or gswin32c.exe in a number common locations, e.g. "c:\Program Files\gs", etc.
3. Looking those files in the folder pointed to by the environment variable WILLUSGS_PATH

What location did you install Ghostscript in?
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 12:11 PM   #1712
zslengyel
zslengyel began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 740
Hello,
I don't know if it's related to the previous post, but I just realized, that GS post-processing crashes every time I pass k2 a file that contains non-Western characters in its name. See screenshot. It works fine, if I change the name.
https://zslengyel.web.elte.hu/szemet/scr0003.jpg

(Sorry, if it was already reported.)
zslengyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 01:27 PM   #1713
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zslengyel View Post
Hello,
I don't know if it's related to the previous post, but I just realized, that GS post-processing crashes every time I pass k2 a file that contains non-Western characters in its name. See screenshot. It works fine, if I change the name.
https://zslengyel.web.elte.hu/szemet/scr0003.jpg

(Sorry, if it was already reported.)
Thank you for letting me know and for the detail. I've added this to my bug list.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:53 AM   #1714
hugleo
hugleo began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
I got a problem converting a pdf file.

You can look the by the images converted using k2pdfopt and the original that is missing the break lines for text:

"Problema 26.", "Problema 27.", "Problema 34.", "Problema 35." and "b) Mostre que se n é ı́mpar vale:
".

k2pdfopt:

Original:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bp.png
Views:	120
Size:	257.0 KB
ID:	174390   Click image for larger version

Name:	original.png
Views:	118
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	174391  

Last edited by hugleo; 10-20-2019 at 09:56 AM.
hugleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:07 PM   #1715
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugleo View Post
I got a problem converting a pdf file.

You can look the by the images converted using k2pdfopt and the original that is missing the break lines for text: ...
This is a known deficiency in k2pdfopt that others have pointed out to me. If I get a chance, I'll try to add an option where line spacing variation can control when to terminate text re-flow. For now I'm afraid I don't have a good answer other than to maybe try the -mode fw option.
Old 10-25-2019, 07:39 AM   #1716
hugleo
hugleo began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
This is a known deficiency in k2pdfopt that others have pointed out to me. If I get a chance, I'll try to add an option where line spacing variation can control when to terminate text re-flow. For now I'm afraid I don't have a good answer other than to maybe try the -mode fw option.
Hmm, looks like the -mode fw doesn't support reflow the text. That implies if I have a sufficient large device in landscape mode to read the text.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reflow.png
Views:	85
Size:	360.1 KB
ID:	174524  
hugleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:15 PM   #1717
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugleo View Post
Hmm, looks like the -mode fw doesn't support reflow the text. That implies if I have a sufficient large device in landscape mode to read the text.
Correct.

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools