Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 10-08-2019, 02:38 PM   #1
stio
stio began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Lightbulb Suggestion for Calibre-Server: Stats

One for the suggestion box:

Now that I've got calibre-server up and running on one of my webservers all my family can access my stash of ebooks from wherever the are –which is great.

But the geek inside me would like more info. I think it would be great if the server could keep track of downloads and maybe display a "Downloaded X Times" info next to books in the Detail List view and/or if server was keeping track of downloads, that might open up further opportunities for the available listing options, such as listing by "Most Popular" or "Most Recently Downloaded".

Just a thought.
stio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 03:16 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by stio View Post
One for the suggestion box:

Now that I've got calibre-server up and running on one of my webservers all my family can access my stash of ebooks from wherever the are –which is great.

But the geek inside me would like more info. I think it would be great if the server could keep track of downloads and maybe display a "Downloaded X Times" info next to books in the Detail List view and/or if server was keeping track of downloads, that might open up further opportunities for the available listing options, such as listing by "Most Popular" or "Most Recently Downloaded".

Just a thought.
It sort of does. Parse the Log file it keeps
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:48 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The calibre server is mostly menat for personal or small group use, so collecting stats is not really a priority, but as theducks pointed out, there will be log entries for all book acceses in the server log, should not be hard to whip up a script to parse it and extract dat about books.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 11:06 PM   #4
BlankEyes
Enthusiast
BlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the rough

Device: iPad 2018
I am wondering how much resources Calibre Server uses when idle? And when in use?

Also, can the server go to sleep and wake up on net traffic?
BlankEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 11:21 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The server does not use resources when idle, it waits for connections.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:37 AM   #6
BlankEyes
Enthusiast
BlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the rough

Device: iPad 2018
Excellent - thanks for your swift reply
BlankEyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
downloads, statistics, stats, suggestion