Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-21-2010, 12:14 AM   #16
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Maybe this might be an off-top question, but still...: does anybody know an easy way to overcome "6 devices" rule for Adobe DE?
I registered 5 different readers and my computer with Adobe, when I was playing with epubs, of course they were not mine, buy inventory...
Now I can't buy and read a DRMed epub book because I had the limit of 6 devices on my Adobe account....

Thanks for help!
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:10 AM   #17
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
Maybe this might be an off-top question, but still...: does anybody know an easy way to overcome "6 devices" rule for Adobe DE?
I registered 5 different readers and my computer with Adobe, when I was playing with epubs, of course they were not mine, buy inventory...
Now I can't buy and read a DRMed epub book because I had the limit of 6 devices on my Adobe account....

Thanks for help!
You need to call and talk to an Adobe ADE service rep.
You may want to ingest your tranquilizer/mood enhancer of choice before calling.

Its a known issue in the ADE universe.
Haven't heard of anybody actually getting an infarct from it but a lot of aggravation was reported in various forums last year.
Hopefully the support staff has been retrained since then.

Good luck!
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2010, 11:53 AM   #18
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post

Thanks for help!
You need to open a ticket with adobe. Click on the link below and then select Submit a web case from the list on the right. Make sure you include your Adobe ID (email address) in the text of the message and ask them to reset your Adobe Digital Editions activation count because you cannot activate your reader. It takes about 24 hours for a response... so if you don't include your Adobe ID in the actual text they may ask you to confirm it and will take an additional 24 hours.

http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #19
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Thank you for responding.

I have re-downloaded and tried a couple of my epubs with your fonts and CSS. That seemed to go OK. So I have now updated to my fonts and CSS. So far so good. I will see what happens tomorrow with more extended use. Now I'm really confused, but keeping my fingers crossed.

After the testing earlier today I had a further complication when my reader suddenly became unreadable by the PC and I had to reformat it all. I wondered whether the hacking had caused the problem. Now I'm wondering whether it was the other way round and the internal memory was already in trouble when I started to test your hack. Only time will tell.
I don't see how the hack could cause a problem with memory since all I did was change the bytes that pointed to the original css file to the one in user accessible memory. It is probably more likely that there was a problem with the particular memory locations that the files were copied to.

I used a hex editor to change only 23 bytes:
res:///adobe/pxf/userStyle.css
to
res:///mnt/ext1/userStyle1.css
Old 05-21-2010, 03:27 PM   #20
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Pleased to report it's still working OK, fingers still crossed. I've only had the PB360 for 2 weeks so it's a bit upsetting if I've got memory problems already. I've changed my USB cable as well, just in case that's the problem.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 11:33 PM   #21
tselling
Addict

I hacked AdobeViewer.app in beta 15.2 so that it reads userStyle1.css in the top directory. I did the same as I did for the 14.2 version. You can get it in the same place: http://drop.io/pb360ade.

I don't know if there would be any problems using the AdobeViewer.app from 15.2 in the 14.2 version.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:38 AM   #22
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
I hacked AdobeViewer.app in beta 15.2 so that it reads userStyle1.css in the top directory. I did the same as I did for the 14.2 version. You can get it in the same place: http://drop.io/pb360ade.

I don't know if there would be any problems using the AdobeViewer.app from 15.2 in the 14.2 version.
I don't see any problems first hand, but that's subjectively unofficial, i.e. not PocketBook speaking.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:38 PM   #23
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I loaded your new "Hacked ADE" in v15.2 beta yesterday, tselling. Thank you very much.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:00 PM   #24
tselling
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I loaded your new "Hacked ADE" in v15.2 beta yesterday, tselling. Thank you very much.
You're welcome. The only thing different I noticed is more font sizes. Did you notice anything different with the 15.2 version of ADE vs 14.2?
Old 05-31-2010, 08:42 PM   #25
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You're welcome. The only thing different I noticed is more font sizes. Did you notice anything different with the 15.2 version of ADE vs 14.2?
Yes - the handling of images in EPUB. See my post in the Bug Report Sticky - posts #21 and 30.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=80381&page=2
Old 06-01-2010, 02:16 AM   #26
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The smaller page numbers. Love that!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:21 AM   #27
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
The page numbers sometimes melt themselves with the last letters on the line where they appear, btw. Of course, it's a very minor issue, but sometimes it happens.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:10 AM   #28
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
The page numbers sometimes melt themselves with the last letters on the line where they appear, btw. Of course, it's a very minor issue, but sometimes it happens.
Yes, you have to leave a little margin on the right hand side.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:14 AM   #29
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Yes, you have to leave a little margin on the right hand side.
Which the default ADE doesn't but the hacked version allows you to fix.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:15 AM   #30
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Which the default ADE doesn't but the hacked version allows you to fix.
Well yes. I thought that was obvious. Sorry that I didn't make that clear.