Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-14-2008, 09:43 PM   #1
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
<br/><br/> update

It seems that at least some point in time ReaderWorks from Overdrive used <br/><br/> as their paragraph markup. Every book I have produced with this tool has this markup and fails to format properly when converted to epub. Could you add a toggle to treat <br/><br/> as a <p> if requested?
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:45 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What is the failure in conversion with <br/><br/>?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2008, 01:02 AM   #3
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
What is the failure in conversion with <br/><br/>?
Proper paragraphing. Remember I just opened a ticket with that problem that turned out to be <br/><br/>?
Old 11-15-2008, 01:06 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

what was the problem, a lack of indents?
Old 11-15-2008, 01:15 AM   #5
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
what was the problem, a lack of indents?
Requests for no paragraph padding (--remove-paragraph-spacing) are ignored. You said it was because the html used <br/><br/> to indicate a paragraph rather than <p>
Advert
Old 11-15-2008, 01:41 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

yeah a <br> tag means line break, so the "paragraphs" in these books are not really paragraphs. You can always run lit2oeb + a sed script on these files to replace the <br/><br/> with a proper paragraph break
Old 11-15-2008, 07:12 AM   #7
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
yeah a <br> tag means line break, so the "paragraphs" in these books are not really paragraphs. You can always run lit2oeb + a sed script on these files to replace the <br/><br/> with a proper paragraph break
That's what I do now. Fine for me, not so much for others. Whatever, I'm sure it will come up again and I wanted to let you know.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:22 AM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Simple really: use a text editor, load your source file, do a search and repair replacing your br tabs with </p><p> tabs. Nothing magical about that. Then save and off you go. I create all my html file per notetab ++ and that is the easiest to edit large files really fast.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:02 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
That's what I do now. Fine for me, not so much for others. Whatever, I'm sure it will come up again and I wanted to let you know.
Yeah but if a user is good enough to open up the lit file and find that br,br is causing the problem and care that there are blank lines between paragraphs, then most likely the suer will be able to fix it manually