Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 06-05-2015, 03:05 PM   #16
Carmelreader
Groupie
Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, kindle HDX 8.9, ipad pro, ipad mini 2, Voyage, Oasis 2
I am so excited. This is the best news. I like to listen while painting and like Atunah (I think it was, who was baking) don't always have my hands clean to turn things on and off, so I don't listen as much as I would like. Yeah!!!!
Carmelreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 03:25 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
This is awesome! I told Alexa play Audible One For The Money. She got it right and C. J. Critt starting reading Chapter One from it. This one of the reasons I wanted an Echo. I finally got it!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2015, 10:19 PM   #18
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Amazon Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
This is awesome! I told Alexa play Audible One For The Money. She got it right and C. J. Critt starting reading Chapter One from it. This one of the reasons I wanted an Echo. I finally got it!

I asked her to read Two for the Dough and she said, "I can't find If You Think He's Cheating in your Audible library. And this morning she said she couldn't find Life of Pi in my Audible library, so I accessed it from the Echo app on my iPad and played it from the app. On the plus side, now she recognizes that Life of Pi in in my library so I no longer have to go through the app.

I don't know why she's having such difficulty understanding me when I say, "Alexa, read Audible, Two for the Money." She understands everything I've ever told her to put on my shopping list with the exception of one item, so I don't think it's my pronounciation. Oh well, I just finished that one, anyway.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 11:39 PM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

CJ Critt is good but Lorelei King who takes over in book 7 does the best narrating of the series. Book 5 & 6 are still not available here in Audible. I own all of them but those two I had to get them from EBay.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:56 AM   #20
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
It's a welcome feature, but Echo works perfectly well as a bluetooth device. Then you can adjust the speed, set sleep timer etc. on your mobile device. I think Echo will still play/pause with voice commands, just like a bluetooth headset does with buttons. And of course you can use any audio application with that.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2015, 01:00 AM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
It's a welcome feature, but Echo works perfectly well as a bluetooth device. Then you can adjust the speed, set sleep timer etc. on your mobile device. I think Echo will still play/pause with voice commands, just like a bluetooth headset does with buttons. And of course you can use any audio application with that.
I can't get her to pause when using Bluetooth for nothing. I have to use the mobile device to pause. It suppose to work but doesn't.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:40 AM   #22
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon just released the Echo to the public. Price is $180. Go to Amazon.com for details.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:30 AM   #23
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Amazon just released the Echo to the public. Price is $180. Go to Amazon.com for details.
Makes me glad I was a early adopter.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:07 AM   #24
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
It doesn't even come with the remote! Yikes!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:36 PM   #25
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I dunno. I'm still content with the fact that I canceled my order back when it was $100. It still seems like something I'd play with and ooh and aah over for a couple of days, and then use solely as an overpriced speaker.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 03:38 AM   #26
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I put in requests for two apps - BBC Radio and LibriVox.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:16 AM   #27
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I'd bet you'd see the BBC before Librivox. Audible's parent company may not be so eager to introduce a functionality that allows users access to unlimited free audiobooks, even if they are public domain.

But thanks for asking. I'd like to see both of those as well.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:40 PM   #28
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

*** New Feature ***

Set a sleep timer

Quote:
Want to fall asleep to your favorite music, podcast, or audiobook? With the launch of sleep timers for Echo, your nighttime routine can now be even more simple and peaceful. For example, you can say, "Alexa, set a sleep timer for 30 minutes."
Old 10-16-2015, 03:15 PM   #29
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I dunno. I'm still content with the fact that I canceled my order back when it was $100. It still seems like something I'd play with and ooh and aah over for a couple of days, and then use solely as an overpriced speaker.
At the former $100, it is actually a very good bluetooth speaker. That's why I bought it. Sounds better than the docking speaker I paid $100 for. Alas, I wish I could have bought a second one for the bedroom, but I'll live.

Now that secondary alarms and timers have been added, I'm content. The problems I have with Echo are the fault of my wifi cutting in and out, not the Echo. However, I cannot get it to consistently go back a few minutes on the current audio. Sometimes I can't listen for a day or two and want to go back 10 minutes in the story, and can't seem to get it to do it although I was successful when they first added it. Probably something I'm doing wrong. Again.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 12:08 PM   #30
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

The Echo is on sale for $130 (and possibly lower). See the Black Friday thread for details.