Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
net-buoy
Enthusiast
net-buoy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Including MathJax

While I understand that Sigil is not diving in to epub3, I was wondering if there was a way to use Sigil to manage, well, proximations. Peter Krautzberger has produced a nice little package for the inclusion of MathJax (epub itself is available via the link at the bottom of this page: http://boolesrings.org/krautzberger/...ssibly-others/ ) so that Math can be displayed in epub using a light version of MathJax included in the epub (as contrasted with calibre, for example, where MathJax is sourced through the reader.)

Sigil opens the epub without any problem, but when one saves Sigil creates a new ncx file and reassembles all files and directories before zipping to ensure compliance with epub2 I believe.

I guess I am wondering if there is a dumb switch that can tell Sigil to just rebuild it as it found it so that a user could use Peter's files as a Sigil template and be able to just manipulate the html for text.

I realize that this might be invoking a RTFM, and if so a pointer to where to start would be helpful :-)
net-buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Sigil has always rearranged the ePub, not for compliance to ePub 2 because it doesn't require it, but just to make it easier for the code.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
net-buoy
Enthusiast
net-buoy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you for correction, Dale.
But the underlying question is whether there is some way to dumb Sigil down so that it doesn't force a toc or do any rearranging....
Or I suppose one could ask it another way, given the desire to incorporate two js files (Mathjax and jsxgraph) so that apps such as iBook will use the js to parse tokenized content in the epub, is there a way to do it in Sigil....
net-buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by net-buoy View Post
Thank you for correction, Dale.
But the underlying question is whether there is some way to dumb Sigil down so that it doesn't force a toc or do any rearranging....
Or I suppose one could ask it another way, given the desire to incorporate two js files (Mathjax and jsxgraph) so that apps such as iBook will use the js to parse tokenized content in the epub, is there a way to do it in Sigil....
The short answer is no. It always rearranges the file structure. The best thing, if you want to use Sigil, is to conform to the structure of Sigil in the first place for the files it understands. To my knowledge it will not restructure files that is does not understand although it may show them in the misc area.

the latest version is iBook friendly I believe.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote