Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > Kindle Books (offline)

Notices

Old 11-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Wentworth, Patricia: A Marriage Under the Terror. V1. 25 November 2012

Patricia Wentworth (1878-1961) wrote a number of very good historical romances before turning to crime and thriller stories, many of which featured Miss Silver.

This her first novel, a romantic melodrama of the Terror (1793-4) during the French Revolution. It won an award for best first novel in 1910.

This version was taken from a raw, unedited OCR file from The Open Library in which, for example, the name Rene appeared as R6n6, inverted commas very often as **, and so on. It has taken me quite a long time to clean it up, and as I have no original book to proof it against, I don't doubt I have missed a few errors.

Ms Wentworth's earlier books have a style distinctly different from her later Miss Silver novels and other romantic adventure/thrillers.
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance