Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #61
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
We have four Fires and a Kindle. I travel with my Kindle and use it by the pool or at the beach. We (two adults and two kids) each have a Fire for everyday use. My Fires were 3x160 plus 1x150 and the Kindle was 79, so the cost for this bliss was $710. I won't do the math for replacing these with the table that shall not be named, but that is the point of the commercial.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #62
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
We have four Fires and a Kindle. I travel with my Kindle and use it by the pool or at the beach. We (two adults and two kids) each have a Fire for everyday use. My Fires were 3x160 plus 1x150 and the Kindle was 79, so the cost for this bliss was $710. I won't do the math for replacing these with the table that shall not be named, but that is the point of the commercial.
Is there a Rover in the family?

And to think that just two years ago, Kindles and Nooks were selling for $259.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #63
fafaforza
Zealot
fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The fact that 95% of the world's population can't actually buy a Fire?
Your post is a bit old, but I just can't help making this response. :P

A big portion of the world's population can't buy an iPad either

Last edited by fafaforza; 02-20-2012 at 09:55 PM.
fafaforza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #64
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post

We have two dogs. Neither reads. One plays games and the gorilla glass is good with her claws on the screen, but we prefer she use a keyboard.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #65
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:

I just realized my KK cost me more than the fire. Funny that. And our dog is trying to get our fires constantly. I don't know what it is. You'd think we had a bone sceensaver or something.
I have a case and a screen protector and am glad to have them.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #66
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
We have two dogs. Neither reads. One plays games and the gorilla glass is good with her claws on the screen, but we prefer she use a keyboard.
LOL
Old 02-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #67
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I just realized my KK cost me more than the fire. Funny that. And our dog is trying to get our fires constantly. I don't know what it is. You'd think we had a bone sceensaver or something.
I have a case and a screen protector and am glad to have them.
You need a 'cat meowing' screensaver
Old 02-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #68
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7
I just bought two Fires for my mom and my dad. Luckily, they didn't expect Ipads so I made the right decision.
AlexGrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #69
AgentOrange
Coffee Monster
AgentOrange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AgentOrange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AgentOrange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AgentOrange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AgentOrange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPod Touch
I'd be perfectly happy with my iPod Touch and a Fire :P I have all the Apple apps on my Touch and a dedicated reader in the Fire, while also being able to still play Angry Birds and check my Facebook/email.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:48 AM   #70
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Forget that. The earlier Sony Readers were in the region of $400.

I have an iPad and while I wouldn't trade it for a Kindle Fire, I have to say that commercial was darned witty. Now a Transformer Prime with ICS, that's a different matter.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote