Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-24-2007, 06:38 PM   #1
mlove
Cat-loving cyclist
mlove began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, IPhone
Figuring Out Titles

I am sure that this question has been asked before but I have searched and not been able to find it.

I have the PRS-505 and a Mac. I have downloaded various titles from the Connect store (the free classics) using my husband's PC. Unfortunately, when I look at them on the Mac, either looking at the reader as a storage device or putting them into LIBPRS 500, I don't get titles, so I don't know which book is which. Is there some way to figure this out? I want to rename the titles in my library so I can swap out books.

I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks in advance.
mlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 06:53 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The only way to sort out the problem is to use your Husband's computer. If he has XP then the the books will be in My Documents\My Books\eBook Library

Not sure where on Vista they would be. But you can search for files with a .lrx extension. That is the extension of BBeB books with DRM. LRF is BBeB without DRM.

Once you locat the books, Just double click each one so you can view it in the eBook Library. Then once you know what the book is, just rename it from there.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2007, 06:54 PM   #3
mlove
Cat-loving cyclist

Thanks. He is using XP. When he gets off his computer, I will be able to borrow it from him and fix my titles.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:59 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlove View Post
Thanks. He is using XP. When he gets off his computer, I will be able to borrow it from him and fix my titles.
You also may want to remove the books fromt helibrary after you've renamed them and then put them into the library. Also making a copy of the files would help to back them up as well onto a different drive or even to your MAC.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 08:33 PM   #5
mlove
Cat-loving cyclist

I have now fixed all the titles and I have backups on my Mac and my external hard drive. Thanks for your help. Now I will know what to do when I get more titles and my husband has freed up a bunch of space on his hard drive.
Advert