Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-01-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
jcm92128
jcm92128 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Calibre Not Updating to Version 0.8.8

I have been using Calibre for several months and love it.

However, I seem to be stuck on Version 0.8.3 even though I have tried several times to download more recent versions, including today with version 0.8.8.

I am running Windows 7 on a PC with IE9. The IE page indicates that I have Calibre version 0.8.8 downloading properly, but it does not update to Calibre 0.8.8, even when I reboot.

Help!!!!

Jim Melton
jcm92128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
What does Calibre say in the lower part of the program?

If its not 0.8.8 go download and install it.

PS, chrome is my browser of choice at present.

edit - your not expecting it to auto install are you? = clicking on upgrade when the popup from calibre appears, just directs you to the website to download the file, not show you what version you have.

Just download
http://status.calibre-ebook.com/dist/win32

then just install, over the old one is fine as I understand

Last edited by transmitthis; 07-01-2011 at 04:45 PM.
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Is there an asterisk displayed after the version number at the bottom of the screen? If so that indicates that you are running from source and source always takes precedence over binaries.

If you are not running from source then it suggests that you might have multiple copies of Calibre isntalled and are running the wrong one!
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm92128 View Post
I have been using Calibre for several months and love it.

However, I seem to be stuck on Version 0.8.3 even though I have tried several times to download more recent versions, including today with version 0.8.8.

I am running Windows 7 on a PC with IE9. The IE page indicates that I have Calibre version 0.8.8 downloading properly, but it does not update to Calibre 0.8.8, even when I reboot.

Help!!!!

Jim Melton
Did you shutdow Calibre befor updating?
Did you launch the 'update (MSI file)' after downloading?
Installing from a downloaded MSI works fine on W7.

One last thing:
disable your A/V while updating (and check the A/V log. It may have +fixed+ your file IMHO set your A/V to always ASK. )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote