Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-30-2011, 02:49 PM   #136
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF&F Reader View Post
@siraks: Who sells the Choose Your Own Adventure eBooks?
i don't know any publisher specifically but i do know of this one book i was looking at earlier in the year but couldn't try it out due to the kobo wifi's inability to click links.

http://chooseomaticbooks.com/books/

zombocalypse now

so i've had it saved in case we'd be able to in the future and for $2.99 why not.
if i get confirmation i'll definitely pick it up .

i'm sure there are some at amazon and other places as b&n to select from since i believe the nook and kindle both can handle choose your own adventure books.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:03 PM   #137
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by siraks View Post
has anyone tried a choose your own adventure book yet with the new firmware?
if i had one on hand i'd give it a go but wondering if they fixed that feature.

i read somewhere earlier that hyperlinks work, is that the same thing as what i mentioned?
thanks.
I have tried hyperlinks in a Table of Contents and for end-notes and they both work. But hyperlinks to websites do not work. So far hyperlinks only seem to work on Kobo EPUBs. i.e. they do not seem to work on non-Kobo EPUBs.

On a related note, to return to where you were reading from an end-note you can tap the end-note hyperlink or you can bring up the reading menu (center tap) and tap the back arrow in the lower left corner.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2011, 03:13 PM   #138
george.talusan
Kobo Developer Intern
george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
I have tried hyperlinks in a Table of Contents and for end-notes and they both work. But hyperlinks to websites do not work. So far hyperlinks only seem to work on Kobo EPUBs. i.e. they do not seem to work on non-Kobo EPUBs.

On a related note, to return to where you were reading from an end-note you can tap the end-note hyperlink or you can bring up the reading menu (center tap) and tap the back arrow in the lower left corner.
I'm pretty sure hyperlinks in Adobe EPUBs work. Try tapping on one.
george.talusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #139
Joe563
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Quote:
Originally Posted by george.talusan View Post
I'm pretty sure hyperlinks in Adobe EPUBs work. Try tapping on one.
Ok, I tried another book and it sort of works. It is difficult to select a hyperlink. The books I am having problems with also do not show italic and bold fonts so I suspect the two problems are related.

Last edited by Joe563; 06-30-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:29 PM   #140
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Bring on 1.9.6

Ok we have used the 1.9.5 now bring out 1.9.6 need those features..

Seriously though... how sonn b4 we see the next update George?

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2011, 03:36 PM   #141
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post

regards

jack

Seriously,

it's been 3 days since 1.9.5 these guys have got to sleep some time cut them some slack and go read a book or something.
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:12 PM   #142
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post

regards

jack
We NOOK folks can't even get an acknowledgment of bugs/issues!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:54 PM   #143
MDK
Kobo Developer
MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura, Glo, Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by baronrus View Post
Seriously,

it's been 3 days since 1.9.5 these guys have got to sleep some time cut them some slack and go read a book or something.
Canada Day!
MDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #144
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK View Post
Canada Day!

Good for you well deserved break
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:47 AM   #145
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Well I think we all know the solution to that problem

(Buy a Kobo.. in case anyone was not clear on said solution)
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:50 AM   #146
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Quote:
True, dat!
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #147
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by baronrus View Post
Seriously,

Sleep? Whats that... To busy reading Robopocolypse... good book even better with the new fonts and spacing really really happy with it all

regards
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #148
joshmosh
Enthusiast
joshmosh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Does anyone else seem to be having trouble with the footnotes/endnotes/links in 1.9.5? I love that the functionality is there but 90% of the time I can't get the links to work. My taps register as page turns or bring up the menu instead of activating the links. I thought maybe I needed a larger font so I would for sure be hitting the link but still doesn't seem to work.
joshmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #149
Joe563

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmosh View Post
Does anyone else seem to be having trouble with the footnotes/endnotes/links in 1.9.5? I love that the functionality is there but 90% of the time I can't get the links to work. My taps register as page turns or bring up the menu instead of activating the links. I thought maybe I needed a larger font so I would for sure be hitting the link but still doesn't seem to work.
I have found that a quick light tap works best. The key is to experiment and you will quickly find out what works best. On a related note, on a Kobo EPUB there is visual confirmation that a tap has been successful, you will see white lettering in a black rectangle (endnote) or a black rectangle (TOC) whereas in a non-Kobo EPUB there is no visual confirmation so you have to wait to see whether the tap has been successful.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:27 PM   #150
joshmosh
Enthusiast
joshmosh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Hmmm...it's much much harder than it needs to be to correctly select links.

I would recommend maybe a vertical swipe through the link to activate it. This way even with small size fonts.
joshmosh is offline   Reply With Quote