Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 07-22-2016, 08:45 AM   #16
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
It's huge, I don't want to waste any more of your time on this as I'm happy adding that one extra line immediately after saving the QDialog. It's a personal Editor plugin so no-one else is affected.

If I can reliably reproduce it in a small test plugin I'll post again.

In the meantime I think maybe there's a bigger problem in the Editor. I just updated my run-from-source copy. I can no longer run a regex search in the Editor. This is the error message:
Code:
calibre, version 2.63.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>RuntimeError</b>:invalid RE code

calibre 2.63* [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 4, 3) && JSTest Plugin (2, 5, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 3, 2) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 81, 2) && EpubModBuild (0, 1, 1) && KePub Metadata Reader (2, 7, 1) && JS_Editor_Tools (0, 1, 4) && Epub2Kepub (0, 0, 7) && Wiki Reader (2, 1, 0) && Extract ISBN (2, 0, 0) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 13) && Open With (1, 5, 9) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 1, 6) && ScrambleEbook (0, 0, 4) && Count Pages (1, 6, 9) && KePub Metadata Writer (2, 7, 1) && EpubSplit (2, 1, 2) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && Copy Cover To Device (2, 0, 0) && DOC Input (1, 0, 1) && KoboBooks (1, 0, 0) && Obok DeDRM (6, 3, 6) && Goodreads (1, 1, 11) && KePub Output (2, 7, 1) && KePub Input (2, 7, 3) && KoboTouchCSSEdit (0, 1, 6) && Search The Internet (1, 7, 6)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\JS_git_devel\cal\src\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\boss.py", line 913, in search
  File "C:\JS_git_devel\cal\src\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\search.py", line 1257, in run_search
  File "C:\JS_git_devel\cal\src\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\search.py", line 1174, in get_search_regex
  File "C:\JS_git_devel\cal\src\regex\__init__.py", line 345, in compile
  File "C:\JS_git_devel\cal\src\regex\__init__.py", line 594, in _compile
RuntimeError: invalid RE code
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:07 PM   #17
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I figured out why my Editor search wasn't working. I hadn't realised I also needed to do a full upgrade to v2.63 as well as refreshing the run-from-source code. I'm pretty new at this stuff. Live and learn.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:25 PM   #18
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Ah, that would be because the regex module was updated, and the binary component from the old version was running with the *.py component from the new version. Mismatch.

Binary/python mismatches like that do not often occur, you can usually go many versions without updating the binary release.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote