Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
Thomboay
Thomboay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Problem with Get Books

If I do a search on any book or author I get the message - couldn't find any books matching your query.
Trying to download a newspaper I get the message - failed to get news, conversion error.
My internet is connected. I can pick a store and a window will open in that store.
I am using internet explorer.
Thomboay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
Janet16
Enthusiast
Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Haha, you must could get some books from here: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Free_eBooks
Janet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomboay View Post
If I do a search on any book or author I get the message - couldn't find any books matching your query.
Trying to download a newspaper I get the message - failed to get news, conversion error.
My internet is connected. I can pick a store and a window will open in that store.
I am using internet explorer.
Did you tick search sources that might have the books?
Searching Baen (Webscriptions) for Bambi is not going to result in a Match (Even if you use IE ) New York Times best sellers are not going to be at Project Gutenberg.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:57 AM   #4
Thomboay

Yes have checked I have all the stores ticked
Old 12-07-2011, 01:08 AM   #5
Thomboay

I do use the https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Free_eBooks a good site
Old 12-07-2011, 11:28 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomboay View Post
Yes have checked I have all the stores ticked
No other ideas. It works for me. (I use Firefox, but Calibre only uses the Proxy info set in IE)
Maybe your firewall is blocking calibre.exe
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #7
Thomboay

Yes it was the firewall, I should have thought of that
Thank you