Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-06-2021, 04:42 AM   #1
ichnilatis
Groupie
ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
time change in status bar

Hi,
I was surprised to find out lately that the time on the status bar changed even without changing the page.
Yesterday I updated KOReader to version v2021.07-22 and noticed that the time changed only after the page was changed.

Has anything really changed?

Thanks!
ichnilatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 07:02 AM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Gear - Status bar - Settings - Auto refresh.
Is it checked?
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2021, 07:25 AM   #3
ichnilatis
Groupie
ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Yes, it is.

Last edited by ichnilatis; 08-06-2021 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-06-2021, 06:43 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
ReaderFooter hasn't been touched in over a month, so: which version were you running before, and do you happen to have touched the native PB settings in the mean time?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 04:49 AM   #5
ichnilatis
Groupie

I was running v2021.07-7 before.

Which settings in native PB could affect KOReader?
Advert
Old 08-07-2021, 11:04 AM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nothing jumps out in that timeframe: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...b34816ca65e878
Old 08-07-2021, 11:15 AM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!

And no issues on my end on Kobo.

As usual, autostandby would be my first guess (either ours and/or PB's).
Old 08-08-2021, 07:51 AM   #8
ichnilatis
Groupie

I've disabled autostandby in KOReader in order to see if it solves my problem with battery (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=340957).

Now, do I have to enable it in order that the clock can be refreshed?

Last edited by ichnilatis; 08-23-2021 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-23-2021, 09:48 AM   #9
ichnilatis
Groupie

I can't understand what's going on... A few days ago I noticed that everything was fine again with this issue and the time on the status bar was changed even without turning the page.
Now, the problem appeared again... :-/
Old 08-23-2021, 02:14 PM   #10
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Enable verbose debug logging, run like that for a while, and send us the full log the next time you notice it going wonky .
Old 08-29-2021, 09:30 AM   #11
ichnilatis
Groupie

I didn't manage to find how I could enable verbose debug logging, BUT I charged my device yesterday and I noticed that the clock on the status bar is functioning properly; time changes even while I remain on the same page.

Is there any connection between the clock and the battery?

Last edited by ichnilatis; 08-30-2021 at 04:56 AM.
Old 08-29-2021, 11:07 AM   #12
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Unless your sysclock is broken, not really?
Old 08-31-2021, 07:58 AM   #13
ichnilatis
Groupie

Excuse me. What is the sysclock?
Old 08-31-2021, 09:11 AM   #14
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichnilatis View Post
Excuse me. What is the sysclock?
It's the time your operative system reports.

On x86 computers, when the device is off, there's a chip that keeps ticking named Real Time Clock. That's usually called hwclock. When the system boots it reads the time from hwclock and saves it to sysclock. When the system poweroffs the sysclock is saved on hwclock.

On arm RTCs are not mandatory and some devices, like routers, IoT devices or plug computers, are designed without them and just pick current time from an online source using a protocol called ntp.

Mobile SoCs usually have a RTC integrated that's powered by the same battery that powers the entire unit. They usually keep the time just fine until the battery is removed or the battery is completely empty.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 09:18 AM   #15
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
But I think your issue has nothing to do with sysclock.

Pocketbooks sleep cpu 2 seconds after an input event happens (touch or button presses). When the cpu is sleeping there's no way for programs to run code on it. Pressing again the screen or a button wakes the cpu.

If the minute changes in the time frame your device is awake you'll see the clock updating. If the cpu is sleeping you won't. IIRC there's a setting somewhere to tweak specific Pocketbook suspend times. If you really need a 100% accurate minute counter then you'll need to make sure your device won't sleep within 60 seconds since the last input event.

Edit: in case isn't super obvious. This will drain your battery way faster

Last edited by pazos; 08-31-2021 at 01:25 PM.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote