Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2021, 09:56 PM   #451
Z40027
Junior Member
Z40027 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.Z40027 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.Z40027 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.Z40027 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.Z40027 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.Z40027 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.Z40027 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.Z40027 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.Z40027 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.Z40027 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.Z40027 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.
 
Posts: 1
Karma: 75162
Join Date: Jan 2021
Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hey all, I hope this tip will be helpful to others who have had issues converting ePUBs to kePUBs.

What I found is that some books will convert without any issues, but the majority of my books would not convert. To fix this try going into the conversion menu where you can select your output options and select kepub for your output format. Next, go to the "KePub Output" menu on the bottom left side of the conversion window. Finally, change "EPUB Version" to 2 instead of 3. This fixed my conversion issues with Calibre 5.9.0. Hopefully this helps someone!
Z40027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:34 PM   #452
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 22,978
Karma: 41943051
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z40027 View Post
Hey all, I hope this tip will be helpful to others who have had issues converting ePUBs to kePUBs.

What I found is that some books will convert without any issues, but the majority of my books would not convert. To fix this try going into the conversion menu where you can select your output options and select kepub for your output format. Next, go to the "KePub Output" menu on the bottom left side of the conversion window. Finally, change "EPUB Version" to 2 instead of 3. This fixed my conversion issues with Calibre 5.9.0. Hopefully this helps someone!
What are the problems you are having? The plugin should be able to handle epub3 books. And the device can definitely handle epub3 as well. If we know what is wrong, we might be able to fix it, or tell you what other options to use.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2021, 11:24 PM   #453
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Uncle Robin's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,044
Karma: 24873496
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: in my mind
Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O; Lenovo P11
Thank you! I've noticed around 1 in 3 of my recent conversions failing, so I'm going to try this and see if it helps.
Uncle Robin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 07:01 PM   #454
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 1,054
Karma: 2178845
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: /dev/kmem
Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z40027 View Post
Hey all, I hope this tip will be helpful to others who have had issues converting ePUBs to kePUBs.

What I found is that some books will convert without any issues, but the majority of my books would not convert. To fix this try going into the conversion menu where you can select your output options and select kepub for your output format. Next, go to the "KePub Output" menu on the bottom left side of the conversion window. Finally, change "EPUB Version" to 2 instead of 3. This fixed my conversion issues with Calibre 5.9.0. Hopefully this helps someone!
Could you use the Scramble ePub plugin to create a book safe to post and give me the scrambled book and the calibre debug log when converting using ePub 3 fails?
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 04:00 PM   #455
ajlewis2
Junior Member
ajlewis2 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 4
Karma: 10
Join Date: Apr 2010
Device: Kobo Aura One
Using calibre 5.9.0 in linux with latest plugins. I find I cannot use the ebook editor and get these error messages. I think this developed with a recent plugin update.

Failed to initialize plugin: '/home/ajlewis2/.config/calibre/plugins/KePub Metadata Reader.zip'
Failed to initialize plugin: '/home/ajlewis2/.config/calibre/plugins/KePub Metadata Writer.zip'
Failed to initialize plugin: '/home/ajlewis2/.config/calibre/plugins/KePub Output.zip'
Failed to initialize plugin: '/home/ajlewis2/.config/calibre/plugins/KoboTouchExtended.zip'
ajlewis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2021, 08:28 PM   #456
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 22,978
Karma: 41943051
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajlewis2 View Post
Using calibre 5.9.0 in linux with latest plugins. I find I cannot use the ebook editor and get these error messages. I think this developed with a recent plugin update.

Failed to initialize plugin: '/home/ajlewis2/.config/calibre/plugins/KePub Metadata Reader.zip'
Failed to initialize plugin: '/home/ajlewis2/.config/calibre/plugins/KePub Metadata Writer.zip'
Failed to initialize plugin: '/home/ajlewis2/.config/calibre/plugins/KePub Output.zip'
Failed to initialize plugin: '/home/ajlewis2/.config/calibre/plugins/KoboTouchExtended.zip'
Do you have the calibre set to French? If so, make sure you actually have the late version of the plugins installed. This is version 3.4.3. But, with the above errors, the plugins are probably failing in calibre itself and might not have announced that version. Check the version availability in the Plugin installer.

Also, are you sure this is calibre version 5.9.0? Someone reported problems starting the editor due to plugin failure in December. This fix should have been in 5.9.0.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:23 AM   #457
ajlewis2
Junior Member
ajlewis2 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 4
Karma: 10
Join Date: Apr 2010
Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Do you have the calibre set to French? If so, make sure you actually have the late version of the plugins installed. This is version 3.4.3. But, with the above errors, the plugins are probably failing in calibre itself and might not have announced that version. Check the version availability in the Plugin installer.

Also, are you sure this is calibre version 5.9.0? Someone reported problems starting the editor due to plugin failure in December. This fix should have been in 5.9.0.
I have calibre set to English. The Metadata plugins are 3.4.3 and the KoboTouchExtended and Kepub Output are 3.4.4. Yes, it is 5.9.0.

Actually, the editor started, but didn't display the file list, so I could not use it. Somehow I had turned the File Browser off in the View menu. It had nothing to do with the plugin not initializing. Just operator error! However, I do wonder why those plugins do not initialize when I bring up the editor. It's not causing a problem, so not really a problem for me--just a curiosity.

Thanks for the reply. I just received the notice today which is why I'm so late in responding.
ajlewis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 06:31 AM   #458
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 22,978
Karma: 41943051
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajlewis2 View Post
I have calibre set to English. The Metadata plugins are 3.4.3 and the KoboTouchExtended and Kepub Output are 3.4.4. Yes, it is 5.9.0.

Actually, the editor started, but didn't display the file list, so I could not use it. Somehow I had turned the File Browser off in the View menu. It had nothing to do with the plugin not initializing. Just operator error! However, I do wonder why those plugins do not initialize when I bring up the editor. It's not causing a problem, so not really a problem for me--just a curiosity.
That's good as the plugins aren't used in the editor, so them not loading isn't a problem if the editor does run. And the plugins work in the main part of calibre.

I did miss that this was on Linux. It isn't happening under Windows. But I can see it in a Linux VM. I don't like things like that as the can be signs of other problems. I might have a look when I get a chance.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 09:43 PM   #459
BoschBabe
Junior Member
BoschBabe began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 7
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: The Villages, FL
Device: Kobo Libra and Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
What are the problems you are having? The plugin should be able to handle epub3 books. And the device can definitely handle epub3 as well. If we know what is wrong, we might be able to fix it, or tell you what other options to use.
I am converting several hundred ebooks to kepub using Calibre 4.23 on a Mac running Catalina. I started doing five ebooks at a time and it seems like 1 in each batch of five would not convert. I changed the epub version from the default "3" to "2" as OP suggested and that fixed the issue. If I can provide any additional info that would help you troubleshoot, please let me know. Thanks!

[I know my version of Calibre is old. I have DeDRM/Kobo plugins installed and working beautifully. I'm scared to upgrade Calibre OR the plugins for fear I break something.]

kathy
BoschBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 11:52 AM   #460
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
JSWolf's Avatar
 
Posts: 64,181
Karma: 104145061
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoschBabe View Post
I am converting several hundred ebooks to kepub using Calibre 4.23 on a Mac running Catalina. I started doing five ebooks at a time and it seems like 1 in each batch of five would not convert. I changed the epub version from the default "3" to "2" as OP suggested and that fixed the issue. If I can provide any additional info that would help you troubleshoot, please let me know. Thanks!

[I know my version of Calibre is old. I have DeDRM/Kobo plugins installed and working beautifully. I'm scared to upgrade Calibre OR the plugins for fear I break something.]

kathy
You can install Calibre 5 and the DeDRM 7.0.3 plugin. DeDRM7.0.3 does not work with PDF. But it does work with ePub, KF8, and Mobi.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 03:18 PM   #461
BoschBabe
Junior Member
BoschBabe began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 7
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: The Villages, FL
Device: Kobo Libra and Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can install Calibre 5 and the DeDRM 7.0.3 plugin. DeDRM7.0.3 does not work with PDF. But it does work with ePub, KF8, and Mobi.
Thanks!

k.
BoschBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:57 PM   #462
silverbangles
Junior Member
silverbangles began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Apr 2021
Device: Kobo Aura One
i updated to the new Calibre and updated plugins and it's a disaster

The new Calibre no longer converts epubs to Kepubs and almost all of them FAIL. I keep getting random error messages. I've tried changing conversion settings from epub3 to epub2 (as someone else here suggested) and doesn't work either. I'm guessing this was caused by calibre update or Kepub Output update. How do I revert back to the old version?

Here is one error message:

calibre, version 5.14.0 (win32, embedded-python: True)
Conversion error: Failed: Convert book 1 of 1 (Magician's End)

Convert book 1 of 1 (Magician's End: Book Three of the Chaoswar Saga)
Conversion options changed from defaults:
cover: 'C:\\Users\\General\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre _qhp0qtdq\\zahxdwo5.jpeg'
read_metadata_from_opf: 'C:\\Users\\General\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre _qhp0qtdq\\pcdk34y_.opf'
page_breaks_before: "//*[name()='h1' or name()='h2']"
output_profile: 'tablet'
verbose: 2
Resolved conversion options
calibre version: 5.14.0
{'asciiize': False,
'author_sort': None,
'authors': None,
'base_font_size': 0.0,
'book_producer': None,
'change_justification': 'original',
'chapter': "//*[((name()='h1' or name()='h2') and re:test(., "
"'\\s*((chapter|book|section|part)\\s+)|((prolog|p rologue|epilogue)(\\s+|$))', "
"'i')) or @class = 'chapter']",
'chapter_mark': 'pagebreak',
'comments': None,
'cover': 'C:\\Users\\General\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre _qhp0qtdq\\zahxdwo5.jpeg',
'debug_pipeline': None,
'dehyphenate': True,
'delete_blank_paragraphs': True,
'disable_font_rescaling': False,
'dont_split_on_page_breaks': False,
'duplicate_links_in_toc': False,
'embed_all_fonts': False,
'embed_font_family': None,
'enable_heuristics': False,
'epub_flatten': False,
'epub_inline_toc': False,
'epub_toc_at_end': False,
'epub_version': '3',
'expand_css': False,
'extra_css': None,
'extract_to': None,
'filter_css': '',
'fix_indents': True,
'flow_size': 260,
'font_size_mapping': None,
'format_scene_breaks': True,
'html_unwrap_factor': 0.4,
'input_encoding': None,
'input_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.InputProfile object at 0x0000028DF65CDD30>,
'insert_blank_line': False,
'insert_blank_line_size': 0.5,
'insert_metadata': False,
'isbn': None,
'italicize_common_cases': True,
'keep_ligatures': False,
'kepub_clean_markup': True,
'kepub_disable_hyphenation': False,
'kepub_hyphenate': True,
'kepub_hyphenate_chars': 6,
'kepub_hyphenate_chars_after': 3,
'kepub_hyphenate_chars_before': 3,
'kepub_hyphenate_limit_lines': 2,
'language': None,
'level1_toc': None,
'level2_toc': None,
'level3_toc': None,
'line_height': 0.0,
'linearize_tables': False,
'margin_bottom': 5.0,
'margin_left': 5.0,
'margin_right': 5.0,
'margin_top': 5.0,
'markup_chapter_headings': True,
'max_toc_links': 50,
'minimum_line_height': 120.0,
'no_chapters_in_toc': False,
'no_default_epub_cover': False,
'no_inline_navbars': False,
'no_svg_cover': False,
'output_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.TabletOutput object at 0x0000028DF65D6670>,
'page_breaks_before': "//*[name()='h1' or name()='h2']",
'prefer_metadata_cover': False,
'preserve_cover_aspect_ratio': False,
'pretty_print': True,
'pubdate': None,
'publisher': None,
'rating': None,
'read_metadata_from_opf': 'C:\\Users\\General\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre _qhp0qtdq\\pcdk34y_.opf',
'remove_fake_margins': True,
'remove_first_image': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing_indent_size': 1.5,
'renumber_headings': True,
'replace_scene_breaks': '',
'search_replace': '[]',
'series': None,
'series_index': None,
'smarten_punctuation': False,
'sr1_replace': None,
'sr1_search': None,
'sr2_replace': None,
'sr2_search': None,
'sr3_replace': None,
'sr3_search': None,
'start_reading_at': None,
'subset_embedded_fonts': False,
'tags': None,
'timestamp': None,
'title': None,
'title_sort': None,
'toc_filter': None,
'toc_threshold': 6,
'toc_title': None,
'transform_css_rules': '[]',
'unsmarten_punctuation': False,
'unwrap_lines': True,
'use_auto_toc': False,
'verbose': 2}
InputFormatPlugin: EPUB Input running
on C:\Users\General\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_qhp0qt dq\49jqh5wo.epub
EPUB appears to be invalid ZIP file, trying a more forgiving ZIP parser
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\epub_input. py", line 262, in convert
File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 775, in __init__
File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 810, in _GetContents
File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 825, in _RealGetContents
calibre.utils.zipfile.BadZipfile: File is not a zip file

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\epub_input. py", line 262, in convert
File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 775, in __init__
File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 810, in _GetContents
File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 825, in _RealGetContents
calibre.utils.zipfile.BadZipfile: File is not a zip file

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "runpy.py", line 194, in _run_module_as_main
File "runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
File "site.py", line 82, in <module>
File "site.py", line 77, in main
File "site.py", line 49, in run_entry_point
File "calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 216, in main
File "calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 41, in gui_convert_override
File "calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 28, in gui_convert
File "calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 1105, in run
File "calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 245, in __call__
File "calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\epub_input. py", line 269, in convert
File "calibre\utils\localunzip.py", line 253, in extractall
File "calibre\utils\localunzip.py", line 235, in _extractall
File "calibre\utils\localunzip.py", line 180, in copy_compressed_file
zlib.error: Error -3 while decompressing data: invalid stored block lengths
silverbangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:59 PM   #463
silverbangles
Junior Member
silverbangles began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Apr 2021
Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can install Calibre 5 and the DeDRM 7.0.3 plugin. DeDRM7.0.3 does not work with PDF. But it does work with ePub, KF8, and Mobi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoschBabe View Post
I am converting several hundred ebooks to kepub using Calibre 4.23 on a Mac running Catalina. I started doing five ebooks at a time and it seems like 1 in each batch of five would not convert. I changed the epub version from the default "3" to "2" as OP suggested and that fixed the issue. If I can provide any additional info that would help you troubleshoot, please let me know. Thanks!

[I know my version of Calibre is old. I have DeDRM/Kobo plugins installed and working beautifully. I'm scared to upgrade Calibre OR the plugins for fear I break something.]

kathy

NO NO NO. Do not upgrade BoschBabe. It will all break. I get error messages right left and center now.
silverbangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 12:25 AM   #464
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 22,978
Karma: 41943051
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbangles View Post
The new Calibre no longer converts epubs to Kepubs and almost all of them FAIL. I keep getting random error messages. I've tried changing conversion settings from epub3 to epub2 (as someone else here suggested) and doesn't work either. I'm guessing this was caused by calibre update or Kepub Output update. How do I revert back to the old version?

Here is one error message:

calibre, version 5.14.0 (win32, embedded-python: True)
Conversion error: Failed: Convert book 1 of 1 (Magician's End)

Convert book 1 of 1 (Magician's End: Book Three of the Chaoswar Saga)
Conversion options changed from defaults:
cover: 'C:\\Users\\General\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre _qhp0qtdq\\zahxdwo5.jpeg'
read_metadata_from_opf: 'C:\\Users\\General\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre _qhp0qtdq\\pcdk34y_.opf'
page_breaks_before: "//*[name()='h1' or name()='h2']"
output_profile: 'tablet'
verbose: 2
Resolved conversion options
calibre version: 5.14.0
{'asciiize': False,
'author_sort': None,
'authors': None,
'base_font_size': 0.0,
'book_producer': None,
'change_justification': 'original',
'chapter': "//*[((name()='h1' or name()='h2') and re:test(., "
"'\\s*((chapter|book|section|part)\\s+)|((prolog|p rologue|epilogue)(\\s+|$))', "
"'i')) or @class = 'chapter']",
'chapter_mark': 'pagebreak',
'comments': None,
'cover': 'C:\\Users\\General\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre _qhp0qtdq\\zahxdwo5.jpeg',
'debug_pipeline': None,
'dehyphenate': True,
'delete_blank_paragraphs': True,
'disable_font_rescaling': False,
'dont_split_on_page_breaks': False,
'duplicate_links_in_toc': False,
'embed_all_fonts': False,
'embed_font_family': None,
'enable_heuristics': False,
'epub_flatten': False,
'epub_inline_toc': False,
'epub_toc_at_end': False,
'epub_version': '3',
'expand_css': False,
'extra_css': None,
'extract_to': None,
'filter_css': '',
'fix_indents': True,
'flow_size': 260,
'font_size_mapping': None,
'format_scene_breaks': True,
'html_unwrap_factor': 0.4,
'input_encoding': None,
'input_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.InputProfile object at 0x0000028DF65CDD30>,
'insert_blank_line': False,
'insert_blank_line_size': 0.5,
'insert_metadata': False,
'isbn': None,
'italicize_common_cases': True,
'keep_ligatures': False,
'kepub_clean_markup': True,
'kepub_disable_hyphenation': False,
'kepub_hyphenate': True,
'kepub_hyphenate_chars': 6,
'kepub_hyphenate_chars_after': 3,
'kepub_hyphenate_chars_before': 3,
'kepub_hyphenate_limit_lines': 2,
'language': None,
'level1_toc': None,
'level2_toc': None,
'level3_toc': None,
'line_height': 0.0,
'linearize_tables': False,
'margin_bottom': 5.0,
'margin_left': 5.0,
'margin_right': 5.0,
'margin_top': 5.0,
'markup_chapter_headings': True,
'max_toc_links': 50,
'minimum_line_height': 120.0,
'no_chapters_in_toc': False,
'no_default_epub_cover': False,
'no_inline_navbars': False,
'no_svg_cover': False,
'output_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.TabletOutput object at 0x0000028DF65D6670>,
'page_breaks_before': "//*[name()='h1' or name()='h2']",
'prefer_metadata_cover': False,
'preserve_cover_aspect_ratio': False,
'pretty_print': True,
'pubdate': None,
'publisher': None,
'rating': None,
'read_metadata_from_opf': 'C:\\Users\\General\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre _qhp0qtdq\\pcdk34y_.opf',
'remove_fake_margins': True,
'remove_first_image': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing_indent_size': 1.5,
'renumber_headings': True,
'replace_scene_breaks': '',
'search_replace': '[]',
'series': None,
'series_index': None,
'smarten_punctuation': False,
'sr1_replace': None,
'sr1_search': None,
'sr2_replace': None,
'sr2_search': None,
'sr3_replace': None,
'sr3_search': None,
'start_reading_at': None,
'subset_embedded_fonts': False,
'tags': None,
'timestamp': None,
'title': None,
'title_sort': None,
'toc_filter': None,
'toc_threshold': 6,
'toc_title': None,
'transform_css_rules': '[]',
'unsmarten_punctuation': False,
'unwrap_lines': True,
'use_auto_toc': False,
'verbose': 2}
InputFormatPlugin: EPUB Input running
on C:\Users\General\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_qhp0qt dq\49jqh5wo.epub
EPUB appears to be invalid ZIP file, trying a more forgiving ZIP parser
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\epub_input. py", line 262, in convert
File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 775, in __init__
File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 810, in _GetContents
File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 825, in _RealGetContents
calibre.utils.zipfile.BadZipfile: File is not a zip file

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\epub_input. py", line 262, in convert
File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 775, in __init__
File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 810, in _GetContents
File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 825, in _RealGetContents
calibre.utils.zipfile.BadZipfile: File is not a zip file

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "runpy.py", line 194, in _run_module_as_main
File "runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
File "site.py", line 82, in <module>
File "site.py", line 77, in main
File "site.py", line 49, in run_entry_point
File "calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 216, in main
File "calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 41, in gui_convert_override
File "calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 28, in gui_convert
File "calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 1105, in run
File "calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 245, in __call__
File "calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\epub_input. py", line 269, in convert
File "calibre\utils\localunzip.py", line 253, in extractall
File "calibre\utils\localunzip.py", line 235, in _extractall
File "calibre\utils\localunzip.py", line 180, in copy_compressed_file
zlib.error: Error -3 while decompressing data: invalid stored block lengths
According to that, there is an error in the epub file. Can you do any other conversions? Or open the book in the viewer? But, as it is a Windows machine, the likely culprit is your antivirus or malware cleaning up the temp directory or blocking access to the file. There is a lot discussion on how to workaround problems caused by these.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 12:41 AM   #465
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
JimmXinu's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,069
Karma: 876022
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Midwest USA
Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbangles View Post
NO NO NO. Do not upgrade BoschBabe. It will all break. I get error messages right left and center now.
Moderator Notice
I approved that post because it is on topic, but it is also a) a double post, b) a bit aggressive and c) 2 months after the fact from BoschBabe's post. silverbangles, please be a bit more mindful in future.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
catalogue builder output columns are not in the same order in the output KWhytte Library Management 5 12-04-2012 03:03 AM
Plugin not customizable: Plugin: HTML Output does not need customization flyingfoxlee Conversion 2 02-24-2012 03:24 AM
Plugin which uses net as input and output medve Development 0 12-04-2011 04:20 PM
Creat new Output plugin (LaTeX and/or txt2tags) Lebewesen Development 3 11-22-2011 12:10 PM
AZW Conversion Output Plugin tylau0 Plugins 59 08-14-2011 11:36 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:51 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.