Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-30-2021, 07:07 AM   #1
vain.bystander
vain.bystander began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10th Generation
Calibre Annotations - highlight import script?

Hi there!

I wonder whether there is some hack to speed up my note taking/highlighting workflow.

I read my book on my Kindle and do highlights. Then I go on my desktop, fetch highlights from the book via Annotations plugin and then manually search (ctrl+f) each highlight in the ebook-viewer and "re-highlight it" again, so I can see the highlights in the context of the ebook-viewer, so I create more extensive book summary on my computer.

Isn't there way how to automate this process? Did anybody tried before? If you have any handy script for this, please share it! Thank you

PS. the screenshot what my current slow workflow attached below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-08-30 at 12.54.12.png
Views:	139
Size:	987.2 KB
ID:	189008  
vain.bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 07:16 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No there is no script to convert between kindle and calibre highlights. I believe @davidfor has said it is on his TODO list.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annotations, automation, calibre, highlignts