Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Free: Newest Terry Pratchett at Kobo books

Unseen Academicals

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Unsee...r4A/page1.html

I paid $9.99 for mine at B&N - this a great deal.

I loved the book - highly recommended.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:45 PM   #2
MikeRo
Connoisseur
MikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kindle 3
For a supposedly Canadian bookstore I sure see this a lot:

This content is not available internationally.

Unfortunately, this content is only available in select countries, and we do not currently have the rights to offer this content for browsing or purchasing in Canada.
MikeRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 02:48 PM   #3
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Same for UK. Still, good offer for anyone who can get it..
Loved the book, but then it's Pratchett, so no surprises there.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Thanks
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:32 AM   #5
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRo View Post
For a supposedly Canadian bookstore I sure see this a lot:

This content is not available internationally.

Unfortunately, this content is only available in select countries, and we do not currently have the rights to offer this content for browsing or purchasing in Canada.
http://www.hidemyass.com is your friend
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 01:13 AM   #6
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnementh View Post
http://www.hidemyass.com is your friend

I'm too tired to look into this right now, but OMG if this is what I think it is, you've helped me immensely!! I'm in Canada and want to watch some of my ABC soaps but ABC won't let anyone outside Canada watch them!! ARGH

If this sucker hides my IP then yeehaw! *smooch* Big hugs & thanks for posting this!!
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:36 AM   #7
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Managed to get it by creating an account with Kobo using hidemyass, never needed to use it after I created the account and managed to download it! Thanks!
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:53 AM   #8
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Good book I heard...I wish there weren't so many hurdles to download these things though...proxy/signup, download, conversion/stripping...

Just to get a FREE book to show on my 505
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:37 AM   #9
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
The book is in ePub - you don't *need* to strip or convert it for the 505.

Proxy signup might be something to complain about, but downloading? Really? You feel the need to complain about downloading?
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #10
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
WOOHOO! Thanks!
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #11
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I tried to create an account using hidemyass and it did not work I too am dismayed that a company that was trumpeting its Canadian aspect is barring content for Canadians. So what makes Kobo different from other bookstores if its one unique factor---the Canadian ownership----doesn't actually have any benefits for Canadians?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:54 PM   #12
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
The book is in ePub - you don't *need* to strip or convert it for the 505.

Proxy signup might be something to complain about, but downloading? Really? You feel the need to complain about downloading?
Downloading the file? Not especially. I didn't want to download ADE though.

Not too big a deal since the book was free...now I just have to convert it to something more readable.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:56 PM   #13
Lirael
Moomin
Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Awesome, thank you!
Lirael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:01 PM   #14
fizzywiz
fizzywiz began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3 ver1.2 Build 834
Thank 'ee Khalleron.
fizzywiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:57 AM   #15
RootlessAgrarian
Enthusiast
RootlessAgrarian is on a distinguished road

Device: HANLIN V3
HMA didn't work for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I tried to create an account using hidemyass and it did not work I too am dismayed that a company that was trumpeting its Canadian aspect is barring content for Canadians. So what makes Kobo different from other bookstores if its one unique factor---the Canadian ownership----doesn't actually have any benefits for Canadians?
I tried the HMA route and was still defeated -- I think that Kobo is tracing the email address, and if it finds the mail delivered (or even forwarded) to a non-US hub, you get the "no go" page.

<brief intemperate rant>
Is anyone besides me fed up to the gills with the maze of copyright law, enforcement of arbitrary "national borders" (for ordinary cits only, of course finance moguls can move cash around the globe in the blink of an eye without any restrictions) and so on? PAL vs NTSC, restricted releases, DRM, companies like M$oft and Amazon trying to capture the customer in a proprietary lockup... I just get so tired of all the shenanigans. If several million readers all paid TP $5 to support his work -- and by damn I would! -- he'd be rich, we'd all have affordable books, and everyone would be happy except the legions of middlemen wanting to get their slice of the reward for work they haven't the talent to produce themselves. I'd much rather give my money directly to the author than to (ugh) B&N, Borders, Amazon, etc.
<end of brief intemperate rant>
RootlessAgrarian is offline   Reply With Quote