Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #91
JoelMBenge
JoelMBenge began at the beginning.

Device: B&N Nook
Sam, can't wait to read this. My nook is on order, but I've been reading on my iPhone for a while. It looks right up my alley, as I skimmed some of the pages.

Ever read anything by British author Jeff Noon?
JoelMBenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:14 PM   #92
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thought I'd check out the reviews at Amazon and got this:

This title is not available for customers from:
United States
Shop titles available for United States

Interesting, huh?

There are actually two entries. One gives the above, but the Kindle book is available
for $1.59.

So then I went to B&N and "purchased it" but am having trouble downloading it to my B&N library.... maybe B&N are overwhelmed as Sony is reported to be....

In any case, Thanks Sam!

Last edited by kennyc; 12-25-2009 at 02:22 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:09 AM   #93
April
April ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.April ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.April ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.April ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.April ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.April ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.April ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.April ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.April ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.April ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.April ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: htc one x phone
I won't be buying my nook for a couple of months yet, but the Amazon reviews were so overwhelmingly positive, I went ahead & downloaded it from your site. I can't wait to read it, and will definitely submit a review.

Thanks so much for offering your work for free!
April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:29 AM   #94
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was FINALLY able to download it from B&N this morning after fighting with it all day yesterday. Clearly they were having Christmas Overload issues (as was Sony). I think ebook readers were big this year.

Oh and there was no drm on it from B&N just fyi.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:39 PM   #95
Sam Landstrom
Zealot
Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
Just made the free purchase directly on my nook.

Thanks Sam...
Thanks Musicman, hope you like it! Any feedback welcome. I'm particularly interested in whether the formatting worked out ok on the Nook.
Sam Landstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:15 AM   #96
Sam Landstrom
Zealot
Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've changed the thread title.
Thanks Harry. I didn't realize you could edit the title of posts on this forum. Good to know.

Sam
Old 12-27-2009, 09:00 AM   #97
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
I got it free from BN.com yesterday.
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #98
Diedrupo
Diedrupo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Diedrupo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Diedrupo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Diedrupo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook
I got it, thanks!

btw i never have to input CC info when i buy books. I guess it's because I have a CC on file?
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #99
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
I got it, thanks!

btw i never have to input CC info when i buy books. I guess it's because I have a CC on file?
Right, and so that's the one you'd need to use to un-drm....
Old 12-28-2009, 09:59 AM   #100
dougbiss
Enthusiast
dougbiss doesn't litterdougbiss doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Excellent read. Highly recommended and extremely original.
I would really like to see more stories set in this world!

Any plans on a sequel?

Do you have a mailing list that would inform fans about your next release?

Thanks!
dougbiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:39 AM   #101
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougbiss View Post
Excellent read. Highly recommended and extremely original.
I would really like to see more stories set in this world!

Any plans on a sequel?

Do you have a mailing list that would inform fans about your next release?

Thanks!
Cool, very glad you liked it!

I'm currently working on a fantasy novel that's unrelated to the MetaGame setting, but afterward I was planning on jumping back to sci-fi. Maybe a prequel--kind of a "how we got from here to The Game, OverSoul, etc". I actually thought quite a bit about this and there are little historical snippets sprinkled throughout the novel. It would be fun to bridge the gap. A sequel would be fun too of course.

The mailing list is a good idea that I need to offer on my website.

Sam
Author of MetaGame
Old 12-29-2009, 08:43 AM   #102
dougbiss
Enthusiast
dougbiss doesn't litterdougbiss doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
If you'd be so kind as to make a post on this thread once you have a mailing list set up, I'd appreciate it.
dougbiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:51 PM   #103
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozron View Post
Very generous offer Sam. Many thanks! Downloaded the epub version and loaded it onto my iPhone with Stanza. Looks fine. Will also try it out when I get my new Sony 505 next week. Not sure when I get around to reading it as I've got lots on my TBR list as well, but hopefully later this month. I'll leave a review on Amazon as well.
Cool, I look forward to your feedback.

----------------------------
Sam Landstrom
Author of MetaGame for $1.59 on the Amazon Store or free from my website
Old 01-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #104
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougbiss View Post
If you'd be so kind as to make a post on this thread once you have a mailing list set up, I'd appreciate it.
Will do. Happy new year!
Old 01-06-2010, 12:50 AM   #105
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Wow, I'm half-way thru, and I'm *loving* the book (and formatting is great too)! Thank you so much for making your novel available for free. Looking forward to reading more of your novels.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, high tech, metagame, science fiction