Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-09-2014, 08:41 AM   #1
Teom@n
Enthusiast
Teom@n began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra H2O
Le Conjugueur

Dear developers,

Firstly, I want to say thanks to all of you. I am new user ereader Kobo Aura so I need better french dictionary and conjugueur on my Kobo. I found conjugaison software for Linux so could you port it for Kobo Aura?

Le Conjugueur Linux (Debian Package) v 0.4

Le Conjugueur Linux (fichier tar.gz) v 0.4
Teom@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:56 AM   #2
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
It isn't Open Source Software, but a precompiled binary. So no, I can't, and others probably can't either.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2014, 10:40 AM   #3
Teom@n
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
It isn't Open Source Software, but a precompiled binary. So no, I can't, and others probably can't either.
Thanks for reponse, I will try to ask author of le conjugueur. So what should I ask him? Whatvfor? What is the OS of Kobo?
Old 12-09-2014, 11:32 AM   #4
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
The OS of Kobo is Linux (those in the know: please don't let this thread derive into a kernel&userland discussion).

No X11. The Kobo framework (also proprietary, closed source) uses Qt (earlier monikers were "Qt embedded") as the UI framework. As does KSM and Coolreader/other vlasoft applications.

Note that neither me nor anyone else promised to put work into this. I was discussing basic facts related to what you asked for. You can of course try, but I'm not convinced the author would be interested in putting much work into this. Well - open sourcing her/his application at least brings the potential to make the application available to a larger audience. No guarantees that will ever happen, though.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:01 PM   #5
Teom@n
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
The OS of Kobo is Linux (those in the know: please don't let this thread derive into a kernel&userland discussion).

No X11. The Kobo framework (also proprietary, closed source) uses Qt (earlier monikers were "Qt embedded") as the UI framework. As does KSM and Coolreader/other vlasoft applications.

Note that neither me nor anyone else promised to put work into this. I was discussing basic facts related to what you asked for. You can of course try, but I'm not convinced the author would be interested in putting much work into this. Well - open sourcing her/his application at least brings the potential to make the application available to a larger audience. No guarantees that will ever happen, though.
Ok. The case is closed. Thanks for your effort.
Advert