Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-01-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
Brianrh
Connoisseur
Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Slow Library Functions.

I am generally pleased with the reading operation of my Kobo Touch and I very rarely get the double page turning. However from the Home page it seems to take three touches of the library button in the menu for it to slowly go to the library and an age to advance pages one at a time of book titles in the library. Deleting books is slow but the worse thing is touching a button to perform a function and not getting it to turn black for a long while then fractionally later perform the operation. I have quite a few books loaded into internal and external memory so might this be the cause? I am currently on firmware version 1.19.16, would updating to 1.19.17 make any difference?

Thanks.

Brian
Brianrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
1.19.16 had lots of problems with many of them now fixed. Still stuck with new home page but back to about how good it was before 1.19.16 . The covers on the new home page would be much better with book name in kobo font below the cover or above the cover programmers choice. That way with a bad cover I could still read the book's name.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2012, 12:54 AM   #3
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
I had major issues with 1.9.16 - one of which was the problem you describe.
I have found 1.9.17 much better than 1.9.16 although quite a few people report problems with no top margin on their side loaded epubs. As I use very small margins this doesn't bother me. Your view may be different.

I have also found that my Touch works best with about 100 books or less on it. I don't use an SD card as many people have reported problems there.
I wish I could have all my books on the Touch as when I travel for several weeks at a time I would like to be able to choose from my full library - not just the 100 or so books I thought I might feel like reading a few weeks ago.
However when I am away from my computer I don't want to do anything that could trigger a reset so I play it very safe.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:01 AM   #4
Brianrh
Connoisseur
Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thanks guys.
Brianrh is offline   Reply With Quote