Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 05:30 AM   #1
ldrover
Connoisseur
ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad Mini
Seasonal Pricing of Kobo Glo

Has anyone come across any Christmas deals on the Glo yet? I plan to buy my son one for Christmas. Last Christmas, I bought my wife and daughter each a Touch. Got them both for $109. The regular price at the time was $129.
ldrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
That's surprising, I thought the KT was always 129, until the price dropped permanently to 109, then 99 (or did it go straight to 99). The Glo also debuted at 129, but the Touch was 6 months old by Christmas, whereas the Glo would only be 2-3 months old, so I'm not sure the same deal would be offered. Either way, I have not seen anything, but will keep an eye out for it and post here if I do.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
I've seen the Touch on sale numerous times before the price drop. For example, I got my Touch around last Christmas for $119, $20 off. I also saw (and posted about) the Touch on sale at Future Shop.

I would not be surprised to see some kind of a sale on the Glo for the holidays. I'd be willing to bet it'll be one of Chapters "Buy now and get a gift card for $X" offers though.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #4
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
I haven't seen anything for the Glo yet, but I did see a post yesterday (link here) indicating that Kobo would like their ABA partners in the U.S. to sell the Mini for $49 for Black Friday. Hopefully corresponding sales will be held for the Glo before Christmas.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:31 AM   #5
ashan
Connoisseur
ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: could be Kobo Glo or KPW
In uk WHsmith has already cut 10£ off from the Mini. For the Glo I think it's just to early now.
ashan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #6
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
P.S. - While in Powells I noticed that they have the Mini on sale for $50 during the after-TG 3-day weekend.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:34 PM   #7
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldrover View Post
Has anyone come across any Christmas deals on the Glo yet? I plan to buy my son one for Christmas. Last Christmas, I bought my wife and daughter each a Touch. Got them both for $109. The regular price at the time was $129.
The Kobo Touch came out in the spring of 2011, so was close to halfway through its lifespan by the time of the pre-Christmas sale. The Glo, having been released in the autumn, is much less likely to be discounted anytime in 2012. I wouldn't say it's impossible, but it's definitely less likely IMO.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote