Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-09-2011, 03:44 AM   #1
gucky
gucky began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy
Epub import and convert

Hello,

First i have importet an epub into Calibre. After this i I editet the meta Data and konverted it again with Calibre. I opened the Path to the epub, but found only 1 epub. Did i convert the "original"? Or has Calibre a backup Option to keep the Original?

greetings

Gucky
gucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:27 AM   #2
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Importing into calibre never touches the original file. It copies it into calibre's folder structure but the original is untouched wherever you left it. If you want the original, find it wherever you stored it in order to import into calibre. If you want calibre's copy, select the book in question in calibre and right-click, "Open containing folder" (shortcut key: o).

Also, calibre only keeps around one copy of each format, so if you do an epub to epub conversion in calibre only the result of that conversion is kept (it overwrites the old version of the epub).
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert