Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-20-2017, 12:02 PM   #16396
julesy
hedgehogs love to read
julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3, Kobo H2O, Samsung Galaxy Tab A7
I have a few "we miss you" coupons that are expired but they usually work even after the expiration date. The normal restrictions apply. Hopefully, some here can take advantage of them:

25% off - 77JMPL
30% off - 93SUFR
40% off - VUUEKF

julesy
julesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 02:48 PM   #16397
julesy
hedgehogs love to read
julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3, Kobo H2O, Samsung Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post
GRT50BOOKS just worked for me in the US.
Worked for me, too.

julesy
julesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2017, 08:11 PM   #16398
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
From an email:

KoboAnniversary for 20% off exp Aug 27th
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:53 AM   #16399
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
From an email:

KoboAnniversary for 20% off exp Aug 27th
Thank you! It's been a long time since any code has worked for me, and this one did.

On a couple of occasions, when I have placed a book in my cart and then not completed the purchase (because I couldn't get a code to work), Kobo has sent me an email with a 15% discount code for that book. I am not sure if I had removed the book from the cart or not.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:45 PM   #16400
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Really? All I get is "take a second look at books in your cart" emails but no offer of a discount on them. And I have removed the book from my cart by then.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2017, 09:40 PM   #16401
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
Really? All I get is "take a second look at books in your cart" emails but no offer of a discount on them. And I have removed the book from my cart by then.
Those are the ones I usually get. 😄
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:13 AM   #16402
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
I haven't gotten any in a year. I signed up for their emails thinking that would help, but then they just filled my box with useless sale offers. I shouldn't say useless. I'm sure they are good sales, but that isn't the way I buy/browse. They seemed to have one every single day and I can't tolerate that many emails.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:03 PM   #16403
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
They send me coupons that don't work. Poor Kobo is baffled why they don't work. I had support trying their best to figure it out. I even gave them access to my account. I think they gave up after that. It was like Oh your right it doesn't work. I never heard anything more. We were using chat. It worked on their test account just not my account.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:05 PM   #16404
Amaryllis
Connoisseur
Amaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
I haven't gotten any in a year. I signed up for their emails thinking that would help, but then they just filled my box with useless sale offers. I shouldn't say useless. I'm sure they are good sales, but that isn't the way I buy/browse. They seemed to have one every single day and I can't tolerate that many emails.
Same here. They send me so many useless emails - especially the ones with suggested books. I don't know how their suggested book algorithms work, but they sure haven't improved any. I semi-regularly go through the list on their website of the "recommended reads for me" and will delete any I am not interested in. I generally am not interested in 1/3-1/2 of their suggestions, have read (and in quite a number of cases, bought from Kobo), about another 1/4-1/3, and the small number remaining are actually something I might be interested in.
But I hate to discontinue the emails, because then I will miss the few sale codes they do send.
Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:11 PM   #16405
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I get the Kobo daily emails. Very few of their recommendations have interested me. But, it's pretty easy to set up folders and sub-folders in my email client (Thunderbird) and automatically route them there. I can delete in bulk when I don't have time to read through.

I've only gotten a few coupons in the emails, mostly low value. And even then, some of the coupons haven't worked. These days I wouldn't even bother if it wasn't a pretty big coupon.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:53 PM   #16406
willaful
Connoisseur
willaful began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post
GRT50BOOKS just worked for me in the US.
Thanks! I'm slowly collecting the digitized Margery Sharps. Now have Cluny Brown
willaful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:43 PM   #16407
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
I know others seem not to be so lucky (so don't get angry at me if your experience differs from the following) but I have had quite a lot of coupons; I only use the 50% or greater ones, of which I have had maybe a dozen or two, and they have all worked. I only operate one account and location.

Also, as I have bought more books from Kobo (and I am not a big customer of theirs), I am finding that their email recommendations now align very closely to my previous buying. For example, todays email includes 5 new releases which are of no relevance to me but are obviously just a general mail-out, however those are followed in the same email by 8 "recent releases selected just for you" and every one is either a suggestion from an author I have previously bought or is very closely related to the type of books I have previously bought.

They do say that for recommendations to start matching ones preferences you, pretty obviously, actually have to either preview books of interest (while logged in), buy books of interest or review books of interest. I just buy and seems to work for me. Why it doesn't seem to work for others I have no idea?
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 05:18 AM   #16408
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucthomas View Post
Hi everyone,

I would like to share a new promotion from Kobo.

40% off code - TWS40Q3 valid until 2017/10/31 11:59 AM

I tested the promo code, working with PayPal or visa card.

All you have to do is switch your kobo billing address to Taiwan, then you will be able to apply Kobo Taiwan coupon to the entire kobo website.

You will need to save your credit card to payment information first before you start purchase any books. I did it without saving it first, then I had error during checkout.

Usually Kobo coupon can only apply for "selected books", however, with this method, you will be able to use coupon without any limit.

https://www.kobo.com/tw/zh

For Taiwanese address, I just input a hotel address from Taipei. But I am still able to check out with my US credit card.

Cheers!

Worth a look, but do watch out for higher ebook prices in the Taiwanese ebook store.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:29 AM   #16409
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
I have one account which never travels. I don't think I've ever been emailed a coupon code that wasn't a general promo. But Kobo is my main store, and I pretty much never pay more than $5. I'm also a VIP points member. So there's probably no reason to lure me back or tempt me with a discount. Their recommendations almost always make sense. Although they do include things I've already bought there.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:28 AM   #16410
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
[deleted]

Last edited by CRussel; 08-29-2017 at 12:22 AM.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals