Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
kindleuser
kindleuser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle touch and color in e-books

I was trying to troubleshoot why some books had much lighter text than others on my Kindle touch. I decided to convert the .mobi files with Calbre but stripped out the font and color in "Look and Feel" -> Filter Style information. Magically, the text became much darker and clearer to read.

Has anybody seen this behavior?

Thanks,
MT
kindleuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Open your boks in the calibre viewer and you will see the text is colored. The kindle renders color as lighter shades of gray.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2012, 07:49 AM   #3
kindleuser
kindleuser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I checked it using that initially. However, the color was so close to black that you would not be able to tell on my laptop very easily.

I opened it again today and just discovered a really cool "Inspect" feature in the Calibre viewer. It told me that the text was using #231F20.

Thanks,
MT
kindleuser is offline   Reply With Quote