Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Smile New firmware upgrade today

Dear All:

Sorry for the delay. The new firmware upgrade will be posted on our website (www.theEZreader.com) today or latest tomorrow. It is only for the Pocket PRO now (later for the EZReader Basic).

The upgrade gives you:

1. Support for Danish, Swedish, and Thai languages and adds a Thai Font.
2. Turns the scroll wheel into a music volume adjuster when you are reading a book and playing music at the same time.
3. Adds a visual clock to the status bar between the page and battery charge life icons.

To adjust the clock after you do the upload:
1. Press the large "OK" button.
2. Press the number six button to bring up "settings"
3. Press the number five button to bring up Time & Date
4. Notice the line under the hour.
5. Control whether you wish to adjust the time or the date using the left side page advance/regress buttons.
6. Control the underline with the "9" and "0" buttons
7. Type in the time or the date using the appropriate number buttons (for example, if it is 2:59 hit the "0", "2", "5", "9" buttons in that order and hit the large "OK" button).

To adjust the music volume while reading a book... do "NOT" press in on the "nub" on the scroll wheel... just move the scroll wheel "up" to increase volume and "down" to decrease volume!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
To adjust the music volume while reading a book... do "NOT" press in on the "nub" on the scroll wheel... just move the scroll wheel "up" to increase volume and "down" to decrease volume!
But that's how I turn the page when reading currently. Is it a timing thing, i.e. if you hold it up or down for a long time does it change the volume instead of turning the page?

Good news on the firmware update though - keep 'em coming
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:32 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I also have gotten used to using the jog wheel to switch pages, avoiding the 0 and 9 because they change function when hyperlinks are present and it takes me a few to figure out why the page did not turn.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:39 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
But that's how I turn the page when reading currently. Is it a timing thing, i.e. if you hold it up or down for a long time does it change the volume instead of turning the page?
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I also have gotten used to using the jog wheel to switch pages, avoiding the 0 and 9 because they change function when hyperlinks are present and it takes me a few to figure out why the page did not turn.
I think he said this ONLY happens if you are playing an MP3 while reading. So, don't play an MP3 and this will turn pages. Of course, I am assuming here by the language in Robert's post.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:40 PM   #5
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Turning the page vs volume

Quote:

Good news on the firmware update though - keep 'em coming
Dear jusmee:

When you are playing music and reading together, the scroll wheel automatically changes to voume control. To advance/regress pages you will have to use the other page turn buttons. When you are just reading, the page advance/regress function will return to the scroll wheel.

I would have liked it differently... where the user had the choice... and am hoping that the engineers will still do that. Such is the problem of having a factory 7,000 miles away. They sometimes promise one thing but change it when it comes out.

I am very pleased with this upgrade... but am always trying to improve things.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #6
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Dear jusmee:

I would have liked it differently...
As would I. I like using the scroll wheel to change pages.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
As would I. I like using the scroll wheel to change pages.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:12 PM   #8
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
double ditto, that's how I like to change pages too.

At the firmware update screen it is currently saying:

Quote:
Please Modify This Entry

12/10/2009 4:21:43 PM

DESCRIPTION:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a005e'

Invalid use of Null: 'Replace'

/html/support_firmware.asp, line 267
I guess it is still in the middle of being updated.

Last edited by Javed; 12-10-2009 at 09:39 PM. Reason: dittoed the dito
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:14 PM   #9
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I am very pleased with this upgrade... but am always trying to improve things.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:12 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Anyone else notice that Ditto is spelled wrong on this board?
Old 12-10-2009, 09:18 PM   #11
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Anyone else notice that Ditto is spelled wrong on this board?
oh yeh
Old 12-10-2009, 09:39 PM   #12
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

I just copied what the sign said. I mean ditto not dito the music band
Old 12-11-2009, 01:19 AM   #13
erosco
Enthusiast
erosco began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Is it just me or is anyone else getting 'enter user and password' to download the firmware???
erosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:52 AM   #14
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erosco View Post
Is it just me or is anyone else getting 'enter user and password' to download the firmware???
No, yes. We are not authorized.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:54 AM   #15
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks Robert for accommodating Thai language support in the new firmware, eventually!

Really great support.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote