Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #1
anotherchance
Zealot
anotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505
Borders 505 coupon - $199 thru 6/14/09

Check your inboxes as I just got a coupon from Borders and Borders.com for a 505 for $199. "Our lowest price ever".
http://www.borders.com/online/store/..._eid2=sl-60809

http://www.borders.com/online/store/...nyreader-60809
Use promotion code: Sony505Read

Cool.

Last edited by anotherchance; 06-09-2009 at 07:34 PM.
anotherchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #2
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Just saw this posted on another site...

I was going to share with the MR members but I see you already did.
Great price on an excellent eReader.
RA
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #3
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Must....resist....buying a second Reader!

The blue is soooo purty, though.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #4
Evin
Evin began at the beginning.

Device: Red Sony 505
It seems that it is only the silver that is on sale . . . or am I missing something? Great price nonetheless!
Evin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #5
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Too bad they don't ship to my country - I need another reader :-(((
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
It's too bad that the Sony vs Kindle poll is closed....the Sony would score even MORE points. Sorry I couldn't resist

I can't wait to hear from those that are taking advantage of this. If I didn't have one by now, this probably would've sealed the deal. This is $70 cheaper than what I paid and the difference would pay for the lightwedge!

Happy Reading All!
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:36 PM   #7
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
There's a banner on the borders.com webpage, with the coupon code on it, so it's not for 'members only.'

If I didn't already have mine, I'd jump on it for sure (even if it's not RED).
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:19 PM   #8
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I put one aside at my local Borders and will be going down there tonight to pick it up. They're holding a red one - so I'll find out soon enough if it applies. It should as the coupon just says Excludes the PRS-700 and doesn't say anything about the color.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #9
Kantaris
OH HAI THAER
Kantaris began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
I put one aside at my local Borders and will be going down there tonight to pick it up. They're holding a red one - so I'll find out soon enough if it applies. It should as the coupon just says Excludes the PRS-700 and doesn't say anything about the color.
I went there last night and bought one. I really wanted a blue one but all they had were silver and red. Color doesn't affect the coupon.
Kantaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:52 AM   #10
notsure
Zealot
notsure has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantaris View Post
I went there last night and bought one. I really wanted a blue one but all they had were silver and red. Color doesn't affect the coupon.
Maybe not but it does affect reading speed. Three out of four dentists surveyed reported that you can read much faster on a SILVER Sony 505.
notsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #11
Teddman
Addict
Teddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
I picked up a silver model at Border's yesterday myself. Is there any way to check if the firmware on a new 505 is already up to date? I'm a Mac user and would like to avoid hooking up my old PC to the 505 if it's not necessary.
Teddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #12
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
Go to 'Settings' then 'About'. Version should be 1.1.00.18040
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:32 PM   #13
pawn
pawn began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
I called 6 stores in my area, all but 1 were out of them, and the store that has them has 2. Looks like I get a silver one.
pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #14
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawn View Post
I called 6 stores in my area, all but 1 were out of them, and the store that has them has 2. Looks like I get a silver one.
Which is, of course, the best colour
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:15 AM   #15
Modern Bear
Modern Bear began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505 & 700
I am a sad camper. I too got this coupon which is good from the 9th to the 14th but did not go to Borders on the 9th. I waited until the 10th to go to the closest Borders and they were sold out. I called 3 other Borders within 50 miles of me on the 11th, all sold out. I wanted to get a 505 for myself for just simple ebook reading so I don't have to compete with my wife over her 700, but I don't want to pay $300. This coupon was great except I didn't act fast enough Oh well maybe Target or Sony themselves will put them on sale someday for around $200.

Last edited by Modern Bear; 06-12-2009 at 04:17 AM.
Modern Bear is offline   Reply With Quote