Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #406
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
There is such a thing called the Karma Event Horizon. I was witness to it once. It was glorious.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #407
Gorgonseyes
Connoisseur
Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Someone gave you Karma. If you go to your User Control panel and scroll down you will see who gave you Karma and for what post. Based on the amount of Karma you have, I would guess that more than one person gave you karma.
OMG I was blind! lol thank you so much!
Gorgonseyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #408
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I missed it the first 6 months I posted here. Most people do. Heck, I had no idea there were karma fortunes until I could no longer get Karma fortunes. (put your mouse over the blue squares under your handle)
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:42 AM   #409
Gorgonseyes
Connoisseur
Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
I missed it the first 6 months I posted here. Most people do. Heck, I had no idea there were karma fortunes until I could no longer get Karma fortunes. (put your mouse over the blue squares under your handle)
You are all fortuned up!
Gorgonseyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #410
lostmymarbles
Hunger Games Survivor
lostmymarbles has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lostmymarbles has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lostmymarbles has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lostmymarbles has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lostmymarbles has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lostmymarbles has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lostmymarbles has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lostmymarbles has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lostmymarbles has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lostmymarbles has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lostmymarbles has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: Kindle
So that's how karma works...
Thanks, was wondering all along.
lostmymarbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #411
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Tablets suck for stuff like that... I usually use it instead of the laptop and haven't seen the different fortunes because there's no mouse!
I think I'm done too... Checked on the computer after reading this and its the same as yours.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:28 AM   #412
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Well, after having been referred to this Discussion after wondering how Karma worked, I can say that I sit in the camp that says gratuitous giving is pleasurable to me, as the giver, and is hopefully received with pleasure by the anointed member.

Maybe if this Forum had a 'Like' or 'thank you' button in order to acknowledge the poster's comments then awarding Karma could be considered and delivered differently, because for me it's serving the purpose of thank you and/or like.

I appreciate that the Karma points carried by a member are merely fluff, but they are this Forum's measure of acknowledgement for the poster's contribution/information/advice etc, and can be used effectively rather than adding a post to say you agree or like the comments.

Of course, one can do both, give Karma and post their acknowledgement.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #413
MikeOxlittle
Say my name very fast ...
MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Karma system is a joke.

crutledge, who has uploaded nearly 8,500 ebooks to the MR library barely has 1 million karma points.

A new poster who has a feminine sounding name and has 7 posts has nearly 2 million points from (just my guess) male members who are pandering to her name/avatar?

Makes no sense whatsoever ...
MikeOxlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #414
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOxlittle View Post
Makes no sense whatsoever ...
For sure... and hey, it's time for you to go over a million
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #415
MikeOxlittle
Say my name very fast ...
MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
For sure... and hey, it's time for you to go over a million
I'll take your kind gesture and pay it forward.

Can a moderator take my karma points and deposit them all to user crutledge.

Thank you.
MikeOxlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #416
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Moderator Notice
We are discussing a new karma system but have to wait until a new software upgrade, which keeps getting put off. We are also considering a separate merit based program. It just keeps getting a back seat to other projects. Thanks for your patience.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:31 AM   #417
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I would make it a low priority. I don't think that anyone takes karma all that seriously. It would be nice if there was a counter for the number of books edited, like the number of posts. That way people would know who has helped.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:42 AM   #418
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOxlittle View Post
I'll take your kind gesture and pay it forward.

Can a moderator take my karma points and deposit them all to user crutledge.

Thank you.

That is one of the most terrific ideas that I have heard in a long time.

Please do the same with my karma points and deposit with our friend crutledge,

Cheers
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #419
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I would just like to be able to dock myself karma when I do stupid things like give wrong clues in the I Spy game.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #420
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
Can we convert our Karma points to some sort of virtual money?
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
focking, lefty