Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-29-2022, 12:15 AM   #706
mariejulien13
mariejulien13 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Thank you for taking the time to answer!

The date format mentioned in the custom column tooltip (Target #Column to Update) is 'datetime' datatype. I searched on google what 'datetime' refers too, but didn't find a definite answer so I assumed I could use the format mentioned in the tooptip below for standard column (Target Column to Update), which is YYYYMMDD of YYYY-MM-DD. When those two formats gave me the 'Unknown string format' error, I tried the other three formats I listed above, just in case.

Now, I realize that this must be something quite basic that I don't get, and that it's probably written on the print screen you attached, I just don't know the date format I should use.
mariejulien13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 09:55 AM   #707
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Tool: Import CSV to Update Metadata

See the attached image.

I suspect your .csv file has an issue somewhere in the 2nd column. Remember, all columns in your .csv file are "text" (including dates and numbers). Run in debug mode so that JS will tell you exactly what is going on, and what it thinks your .csv file looks like to it.

As a last resort, create a 3d column that you ignore, but helps to identify the 2nd date column as valid "text".

Running in debug mode for this tool is very helpful if you encounter any data problems in your .csv file.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_import_csv_to_update_metadata_tooltips_hints.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	194017  
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2022, 11:13 PM   #708
mariejulien13

Thank you for your answer and the detailed visual explanation. I've tried several options but none that was conclusive. Attached is the result of one of the debug files. I don't need it to work now as my custom column for date is now updated through another plugin called import list, but I'm curious if there is something obvious in it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmpgr4o9dat.txt (13.9 KB, 66 views)
Old 05-29-2022, 11:55 PM   #709
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Double quotes are used in csv files to surround values

The log shows that your csv file uses double quotes for some rows, and other rows have single quotes. Double quotes are used in csv files to surround values. The single quotes will cause errors. Too bad you did not attach your csv file so I could examine it.

See the attached annotated image of a part of the log file that you posted.

What application are you using to create your csv file, Calc or Excel? I hope not a simple text editor, as that would cause the inconsistent results shown in the log.

Added: This csv file format error will be self-repaired by the Tool starting in the JS version for Calibre Qt6, 5.99.8+.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=25

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	js_import_csv_valid_vs_invalid_csv_syntax_example.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	652.3 KB
ID:	194041  

Last edited by DaltonST; 05-30-2022 at 03:34 PM. Reason: This error will be self-repaired by the Tool starting in the version for Calibre Qt6, 5.99.8+.
Old 05-30-2022, 12:28 AM   #710
mariejulien13

The text editor was probably the reason then. Thank you for looking into it.
I never got it to import my custom text column with a .csv edited in Excel, so I switched to Notepad++ and it worked, so I used that for my custom date column import too.
I did not keep my .csv, I was overwriting them as I was doing my tests.
Thank you for the support.
Advert
Old 05-30-2022, 03:40 PM   #711
DaltonST
Deviser

New Version for Qt6 Available

Qt6 compatible Job Spy download is found here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=25

Minimum Calibre version: 5.99.8. https://download.calibre-ebook.com/betas/

For JS Tool Import CSV to Update Metadata, auto-repair defective CSV row format that uses single quotes instead of double quotes.

DaltonST
Old 06-27-2022, 11:53 PM   #712
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
EDIT: Installed the beta and all is fine.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 06-27-2022 at 11:59 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 02:11 AM   #713
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.191

Version 1.0.191 -2022-03-12 Qt6 compatibility. Minimum Calibre version: 5.99.8. For JS Tool Import CSV to Update Metadata,
auto-repaired defective CSV row format that uses single quotes instead of double quotes.
Old 07-11-2022, 03:10 AM   #714
culytera
Zealot
culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Hi, is it possible to copy the Published Date to the Last Modified column using Job Spy? Similar to the Set Last Modified Date to Date Added function.
culytera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 08:10 AM   #715
nan1923
nan1923 doesn't litternan1923 doesn't litter

Hi, is it possible in the new version with calibre 6 that Job Spy either leaves the altered spacing between the items in the tag browser and the booklist (altered with calibres main settings) alone or also sets the spacing between those items in job spy? Because at the moment it overrides those settings from calibres main settings.
I set the spacing in the tag browser to -0,3ex and the booklist spacing to -2px since I find the space between those items in calibre 6 far too large.
In job spy I altered the background colors for the interface

My workaround at the moment ist starting calibre with the Job spy settings, going into calibre main settings editing the spacing setting there, which also overrides the background color in the tag browser again which I find far less annoying than the large spacing, but I would like to keep the background color in the tagbrowser in the future.
Thanks!

Last edited by nan1923; 07-11-2022 at 08:13 AM.
nan1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 08:42 AM   #716
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Qt6 error: Edit Identifiers throws an error.

Code:
calibre, version 6.0.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:type object 'QDialogButtonBox' has no attribute 'AcceptRole0'

calibre 6.0*  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19043 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19043')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19043', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 15) && DeDRM (10, 0, 2) && Action Chains (1, 17, 2) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 16) && Comments Cleaner (1, 6, 3) && Count Pages (1, 11, 2) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 6, 1) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 4) && EpubMerge (2, 13, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 3, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 5, 1) && FanFicFare (4, 14, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 5, 1) && Favourites Menu (1, 1, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 9, 5) && Generate Cover (2, 1, 0) && GetFileName (0, 2, 0) && Goodreads (1, 5, 3) && Import List (1, 8, 3) && Job Spy (1, 0, 191) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Kobo Books (1, 9, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 3) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 0) && Last Modified (0, 8, 2) && Manage Series (1, 3, 0) && Modify ePub (1, 7, 3) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 89) && Obok DeDRM (7, 2, 1) && Open With (1, 7, 1) && Overdrive Link (2, 51, 0) && Quality Check (1, 12, 0) && Reading List (1, 12, 0) && Search The Internet (1, 8, 1) && SmartEject (2, 5, 0) && Standard Ebooks (1, 0, 0) && Sum Column (0, 3, 1) && View Manager (1, 8, 0) && Walk Search History (1, 3, 2) && Overdrive Link Metadata Source (2, 51, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.job_spy.ui", line 10701, in show_edit_identifiers_dialog
  File "calibre_plugins.job_spy.identifiers_edit_dialog", line 202, in __init__
AttributeError: type object 'QDialogButtonBox' has no attribute 'AcceptRole0'
Old 07-13-2022, 10:11 AM   #717
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.192

Version 1.0.192 -2022-07-13 Qt6 compatibility.
Old 07-13-2022, 03:51 PM   #718
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Thanks.

Quick question: Is the text meant to be this large? I seem to recall it being smaller before.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2022-07-13 16_51_01-JS+ GUI Tool_  Edit Identifiers.png
Views:	293
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	194972  
Old 07-23-2022, 03:02 PM   #719
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Is there an older version still available? I'm still running Calibre 3x and there doesn't seem to be an ability to install a compatible version instead of the most recent version (I'm still running OS 10.13 and haven't chosen to upgrade beyond it).
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 03:09 PM   #720
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
Is there an older version still available? I'm still running Calibre 3x and there doesn't seem to be an ability to install a compatible version instead of the most recent version (I'm still running OS 10.13 and haven't chosen to upgrade beyond it).
Can you upgrade to the latest MacOS if you wanted?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools