Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 09-29-2011, 06:42 AM   #1
Font
Connoisseur
Font began at the beginning.

Device: none
Does OIP allow Menu Font changes?

The user interface / Menu Fonts have usually been inflexible in eReaders not allowing them to be changed. OIP is opensource, has it been able to provide Menu Font change feature.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Font View Post
The user interface / Menu Fonts have usually been inflexible in eReaders not allowing them to be changed. OIP is opensource, has it been able to provide Menu Font change feature.
Sure, there are several fonts to choose from and you can add your own if you prefer.
Advert
Old 10-02-2011, 03:15 AM   #3
Font
Connoisseur
Font began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by idle View Post
Sure, there are several fonts to choose from and you can add your own if you prefer.
Need to clarify that it is not just Application Fonts only, is it also the OIP user interface / Menu Font? Usually even with some opensource projects, there are proprietary modules that are not easy to change for example the Firmware that often has the Menu Font in-built and logos. Could you please explain what is the procedure for changing the Menu Font and removing any logos?

I would prefer OIP to be as flexible on the user interface as possible so there is in spirit the ability to be separate from the content whether this is from the general user interface Firmware or having to be in a particular store's orbit / monopoly as every action has a reaction, so an individual choice is important rather than having to under corporate rule.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:56 AM   #4
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
Oh, menu fonts, I get that now. I think you cannot change those, as a user. But there are no proprietary modules, so you can write your own patch if you like.

Tags
font;