Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #736
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
I meant the same :-) I tried that before Pocketbook 602 had full support for Chinese titles (or before I figured out how it worked). It was a pain to read the romanized titles. No doubt about that. In addition to the above mentioned reasons, Chinese titles usually become at least twice longer in translation or romanization.
Well there is hope. From your description "filechooser" is setup right, in relation to this issue, while the History widget is doing something different that results in the problem. The guys that know how to fix it read these posts, that is assuming it is something that can be fixed. They seldom need corporate approval to work on it. If it just needs a small change to a script, the pool of those who can find and fix the issue gets much larger.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:38 AM   #737
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Well there is hope. From your description "filechooser" is setup right, in relation to this issue, while the History widget is doing something different that results in the problem. The guys that know how to fix it read these posts, that is assuming it is something that can be fixed. They seldom need corporate approval to work on it. If it just needs a small change to a script, the pool of those who can find and fix the issue gets much larger.

Luck;
Ken
Glad to hear they seldom need corporate approval to modify the device. I hope they never need that approval. After a purchase is made, I think a consumer have the right to use the device for his own purposes not intended by the seller as long as he/she is not selling modified hardware. Kobo wants people to buy their ebooks but also somehow keep their device open - not quite though. After all, books are commodities. Kobo interface and emails with promotions, recommendations, syncing your "reading stats" with Kobo website every time you download something, the increasing social media connections, are just as aggressive as most other companies. I don't see why anyone would want their reading life framed by the corporate world or anyone other than themselves.

I really appreciate the efforts developers/enthusiasts put here in their spare time. You are the noble revolutionaries, to me at least. Thank you for helping set the reader free.

Last edited by jshzh; 11-01-2013 at 11:51 AM.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #738
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
As for the problem: That's probably just the font used for the history display. It doesn't have the needed glyphs for the characters in question, I guess. Arguably, we should use just the same as for the normal filename display.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:54 AM   #739
bulnes123
bulnes123 doesn't litterbulnes123 doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
Did you try tapping everywhere on the screen? even in places that look just empty? I always had the doubt that with Touch the screen coordinates are swapped, so this could be the cause.
Changing 00 to 01 and 01 to 00 in the code below solved my problem with mixed coordinates. I found it after many hours of trying everything else. Now koreader works perfectly. Hope that helps some one.

Hardware: Kobo Touch N905C, firmware 2.6.2

File edited: input.lua

Code:

-- For single-touch events (ABS.code).
local ABS_X = 00 --old line
local ABS_Y = 01 --old line

local ABS_X = 01 --new line
local ABS_Y = 00 --new line
bulnes123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #740
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulnes123 View Post
Changing 00 to 01 and 01 to 00 in the code below solved my problem with mixed coordinates. I found it after many hours of trying everything else. Now koreader works perfectly. Hope that helps some one.

Hardware: Kobo Touch N905C, firmware 2.6.2

File edited: input.lua

Code:

-- For single-touch events (ABS.code).
local ABS_X = 00 --old line
local ABS_Y = 01 --old line

local ABS_X = 01 --new line
local ABS_Y = 00 --new line
I see, so x and y are swapped on newer touch models. We should find out a way to distinguish between the two models...
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #741
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In the worst case, we need a "tap upper right corner" dialog for first startup...
Old 11-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #742
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
I see, so x and y are swapped on newer touch models. We should find out a way to distinguish between the two models...
Looking at one of the Kobo scripts I see
Code:
kobo_config.sh
#!/bin/sh
PCB=`ntx_hwconfig -s -p /dev/mmcblk0 PCB`
case $PCB in
        E60610D*) echo trilogy;;
        E606B*) echo kraken;;
        E5061*) echo pixie;;
        E606C*) echo dragon;;
        E606F*) echo phoenix;;
        *) echo trilogy;;
esac
I wonder if the full version of PCB might reveal more, or even since trilogy (aka Touch) is the default, what other hardware config variants might there be.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:36 AM   #743
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
On my type C Touch, the PCB string is exactly "E60610D".
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:33 AM   #744
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

hmmm above post interesting...Question is why does my touch touch screen stop working when I try Koreader?
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #745
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
hmmm above post interesting...Question is why does my touch touch screen stop working when I try Koreader?
Just in case. That is what still happens if you launch Koreader from Sergey's Kobolauncher Menu. Are you launching Koreader using Sergey's fmon that the updates to Giorgio's Koreader port provide the "koreader.png" for.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #746
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I installed the latest koreader today and I really like it. I would even more like it, if one could exit it without rebouting. One problem is, that after koreader the screen is turned by 270 degree. Therefore, I thought a first step to a solution might be restoring the original frame buffer settings after running koreader.

Before running koreader, fbset -s gives
Code:
mode "800x600-0"
	# D: 0.033 MHz, H: 0.034 kHz, V: 0.055 Hz
	geometry 800 600 800 1280 16
	timings 30000000 8 164 4 18 4 1
	accel false
	rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/0
endmode
After running koreader, fbset -s givers
Code:
mode "600x800-0"
	# D: 0.033 MHz, H: 0.043 kHz, V: 0.052 Hz
	geometry 600 800 608 1792 8
	accel false
	rgba 8/0,8/0,8/0,0/0
endmode
I try to set
Code:
fbset -g 800 600 800 1280 16 -rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/0 -t 30000000 8 164 4 18 4 1
and fbset -s shows

Code:
mode "600x800-0"
	# D: 0.033 MHz, H: 0.043 kHz, V: 0.052 Hz
	geometry 600 800 608 1792 16
	accel false
	rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/0
endmode
As you see, of the geometry set only the -depth value (8 to 16 bits per pixel) has changed, the resolution is unchanged. Was this to be expected? I also tried setting each of the 5 geometry values individually, but with the same result. Is it an error in busybox? Is my approach totaly hopeless? Any ideas?
Old 11-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #747
hawhill
Wizard

I think we should not reset the framebuffer upon starting, so that would get done with the problem. We don't use fbset in koreader but are using the Kernel API directly. But I have a modification in the works that would allow Koreader to handle the 16bpp framebuffer directly (in addition to 8bpp and 4bpp framebuffers, even RGB24/32 framebuffers will be possible). I guess it needs about a week to get polished.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:47 AM   #748
tshering
Wizard

hawhill,

thank you for the quick response!
Old 11-05-2013, 03:13 AM   #749
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Quote:
Just in case. That is what still happens if you launch Koreader from Sergey's Kobolauncher Menu. Are you launching Koreader using Sergey's fmon that the updates to Giorgio's Koreader port provide the "koreader.png" for.

Luck;
Ken
have installed as per normal (.kobo.) added PNG file and launch from library always locks screen etc

didn't no there was other was to launch(should have guessed)

Sergey's fmon This has been installed but no way to access ... well I can't find it anyway..

what is the recommended way to install and launch?
Old 11-05-2013, 03:13 AM   #750
lohtse
Groupie

Quote:

Luck;
Ken
have installed as per normal (.kobo.) added PNG file and launch from library always locks screen etc

didn't no there was other ways to launch(should have guessed)

Sergey's fmon This has been installed but no way to access ... well I can't find it anyway..

what is the recommended way to install and launch?