Notices

Old 01-25-2024, 08:51 PM   #1
groob
Enthusiast
groob began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (1)
Unhappy Hierarchy category doesn't cycles through 5 searches

Hello,
I've created a hierarchy strictly following the manual at this page: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/sub_groups.html

I've added sub-categories and I can see the "Genre" hierarchy with its sub-categories in the tag browser.

However when clicking either at the top of the "genre" category or on any of its sub-category I can't cycles through 5 searches as described in the manual page.

It's either a simple green plus or simple red minus sign, all the others are not shown.

Is it something I've messed up or is it intended like this?
groob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 08:59 PM   #2
groob
Enthusiast
groob began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (1)
Oops, I had forgot this step

"Then after restarting calibre, you must tell calibre that the column is to be treated as a hierarchy. Go to Preferences  →  Look & feel  →  Tag browser and enter the lookup name “#genre” into the “Categories with hierarchical items” box. Press Apply, and you are done with setting up."
groob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
category, hierarchy, sub genre, subgroup