Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-25-2023, 04:02 PM   #1
Rlfish0630
Rlfish0630 began at the beginning.

Device: Like book P6
Library is read only

As instructed in other posts, I attempted to access your FAQ but got an error message that it was not at that location. Please advise.
Rlfish0630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 05:16 AM   #2
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlfish0630 View Post
As instructed in other posts, I attempted to access your FAQ but got an error message that it was not at that location. Please advise.
Calibre Companion is now abandonware. check https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=348027

Check if Calibre Sync would be better and supported alternative for you
(or Bookfusion if using subscription service with its own reader is ok with you)

As for CC's 'library is now readonly' error - if you library is on external sd card - reboot device first, check if it's not corrupted if it's not go away
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 07:18 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I know I shouldn't do this but ...

Here is a copy of the old relevant FAQ.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 10:42 PM   #4
davidsmartin
davidsmartin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Did anyone figure this out? My tablet updated to Android 13 and suddenly the library which is in my main memory shows as read only in cc so I cannot connect.
davidsmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 06:27 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsmartin View Post
Did anyone figure this out? My tablet updated to Android 13 and suddenly the library which is in my main memory shows as read only in cc so I cannot connect.
Did you read the FAQ posted right above your post?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote