Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 04-08-2021, 08:04 PM   #1
2nise
2nise began at the beginning.

Device: TolinoVision 4HD
special characters(?) not being displayed correctly

Hey all,

I'm having some issues with the display of some characters in a book I am currently reading. It uses a lot of different brackets and other symbols to show different information and speech, but some just aren't shown at all on my reader (Tolino Vision 4 HD).
To make things clearer I'll attach example pictures of the correct display from the Calibre Ebook Viewer and a photo of the same part on my Tolino.

I tried using different fonts (ChareInk, for example), thinking this must simply be a problem of the fonts missing certain unicode characters. Sadly this didn't fix the problem.

Am I even understanding the problem correctly here lol? Does anyone have any other ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tolino1.png
Views:	381
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	186490   Click image for larger version

Name:	tolino2.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	186491  
2nise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:54 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nise View Post
Hey all,

I'm having some issues with the display of some characters in a book I am currently reading. It uses a lot of different brackets and other symbols to show different information and speech, but some just aren't shown at all on my reader (Tolino Vision 4 HD).
To make things clearer I'll attach example pictures of the correct display from the Calibre Ebook Viewer and a photo of the same part on my Tolino.

I tried using different fonts (ChareInk, for example), thinking this must simply be a problem of the fonts missing certain unicode characters. Sadly this didn't fix the problem.

Am I even understanding the problem correctly here lol? Does anyone have any other ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks in advance for any help!
I would suggest installing Code2000 as a font and see if the special characters display correctly with it. It's not the prettiest font but it does have excellent glyph coverage.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2021, 09:49 AM   #3
2nise
2nise began at the beginning.

Device: TolinoVision 4HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I would suggest installing Code2000 as a font and see if the special characters display correctly with it. It's not the prettiest font but it does have excellent glyph coverage.
Thansk for the reply! I tried adding it, but for some reason my Tolino won't install it.

So I've looked through some font sites and found some that should display the characters used in this book, but my device won't add any of those either...
I made sure they are the right format, and I can also still add and delete other "normal" fonts.

Seems like my Tolino won't install these specific fonts... It doesn't give an error message either. (It still notifies me when I add or delete fonts it seems to recognize.)
Is there a setting or anything that would lead to specific fonts not being able to be installed?
2nise is offline   Reply With Quote