Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-23-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
gregcd
Connoisseur
gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-t1, prs-650 to sell
Kobo reader released in NZ!

Quote:
From Thursday (27 May), two million e-books will be available from the Whitcoulls website.

Whitcoulls will also sell the Kobo e-reader, a device designed for reading electronic books.
Quote:
It is selling the Kobo e-reader for NZ$249, and e-books cost between A$10 and A$15 (NZ$12.50 and NZ$18.70).
http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/di...-and-shut-case

gregcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Thanks, Greg! I'm currently in full-on dither mode about whether or not to buy a Kobo eReader, but I'm unequivocally delighted to see e-books making their way into NZ bookstores. Especially since a couple of mine are in the catalogue

The pricing they're quoting for e-books is much too high, though. Borders Oz has some free and low-cost books. I hope it's just an inaccuracy in the article.

Last edited by Shayne Parkinson; 05-24-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2010, 12:36 AM   #3
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
The Kobo is now available at Whitcoulls stores.

However, the price we NZers end up paying for the device is $295 NZD
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:23 AM   #4
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Urk, $295 is out of my comfort zone for a basic e-reader. Ah well, at least by pricing it so high they've helped me decide.
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:32 AM   #5
mcramer
Kiwi reader
mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad, iPhone
Nice! I paid 299 USD for my Sony 2 years ago and have loved it since then so $295 seems like a bargain
mcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert