Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 08-17-2011, 03:21 AM   #1
Ivymin
Ivymin began at the beginning.

Device: 9.0
Exclamation Did you encounter a same problem about converting PDF to text/word/image

Hey,guys.I will graduate next year,yes,it is a wouderful thing.I'm so happy but there is something wrong about my thesis bothering me,so I must come here to ask U for help!!
Here is the puzzle,I need to convert some PDF files to Word,or Text ,or image and so on, which will be used in my thesis, I need a fast, reliable way to convert pdf info to Text/image/Word/HTML.
Can anyone help? Thank you.
Ivymin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
There is no fast, reliable way to convert PDF to something else, since PDF was designed as an output format, and usually does not convert well to other formats.

Here are some things you can try, but don't expect perfection.

pdftohtml with pdfreflow - converts to HTML

calibre -- will convert PDF to rtf and other formats

PDF Import Extension for libreoffice/openoffice -- convert PDFs to various WordProcessor formats

AbiWord -- a word processor with its own PDF import routine; will export to Word and other formats

For converting to Image, or just leaving as a PDF and making edits, check out Inkscape
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2011, 12:13 PM   #3
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
Alternatively you could OCR the PDF with ABBYY FineReader (or similar) and save the result as .docx/.rtf.

Honestly, I thought the topic was about a specific problem with converting from PDF.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #4
baumgar
Banned
baumgar began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yes, but I used to convert it by an app or program on PC. Not difficult to go. But pls note that some apps like this might cost a little.
baumgar is offline   Reply With Quote