Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
ldrover
Connoisseur
ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad Mini
Sending books to ipad from Calibre

I think I have configured Calibre to send books to the ipad. However, when I connect the ipad, the Send to Device button does not appear in Calibre. Any suggestions
ldrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Please read the Calibre FAQ section on this:
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.html#id28
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2013, 06:33 AM   #3
ldrover
Connoisseur
ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Thanks. Unfortunately, this does not seem to work for me. Here is where I seem to go wrong...

Select Connect/Share↓Connect to iTunes to connect iTunes as a Reader device.
To send epubs or PDFs from calibre to iTunes:

Select the book(s) to send from your calibre Library window, then click Send to device. Your books are added to the 'Books' playlist in your iTunes library.

Can't seem to figure out where to Select Connect/Share↓Connect to iTunes to connect iTunes as a Reader device.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:56 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
What OS are you running? If it is OSX Mavericks then this functionality currently does not work.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
If you are using OS x 10.9 review this sticky post: OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) + iBooks
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2013, 08:01 AM   #6
ldrover
Connoisseur

ios

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
If you are using OS x 10.9 review this sticky post: OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) + iBooks
I am using Windows 8.1 on my PC and ios 7.03 on my ipad. Calibre is 1.8. Everything is up to date as you can see. I have been using Calibre with Kobo for a few years. I really would like to get it to work with my ipad. No longer have the Kobo.

Thanks for any help.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #7
ldrover
Connoisseur

Got It

Finally got it. Installed the iOS reader applications plugin and followed these directions. Works like a charm. Only wrinkle is that I can only transfer one book at a time. But, hey, much better than none.

Thanks for all the help.