Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-28-2008, 12:19 AM   #1
keith
Enthusiast
keith began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Libprs500 0.4.34 problem with Vista

I've updated Libprs500 to 0.4.34 on both my XP desktop and Vista notebook. It works fine on the XP machine but not on the notebook, it doesn't open at all. I get the error message:

"The logfile ' C:\programfiles\libprs500\libprs500.exe.log' could not be opened:[errno13] permission denied: 'c:\\programfiles\\libprs500\\libprs5oo.exe.log' "

If I run libprs500 as administrator the logfile is accessed and the following is appended to it:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 827, in <module>
File "main.py", line 816, in main
File "main.py", line 131, in __init__
TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

I've tried running libprs500 in XP compatibility mode but it makes no difference. I uninstalled libprs500 and reinstalled the previous version which works.

Hoping for help!!
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:44 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sigh, microsoft should be shot. In the next release you wont need to run it as administrator and hopefully that will fix it.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2008, 12:51 AM   #3
keith
Enthusiast

Will it fix the underlying problem or just access to the logfile?

Running as administrator didn't make the program work.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:59 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The underlying problem problem may be caused by running it as Administrator.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:06 AM   #5
keith
Enthusiast

Thanks, I'll wait and see.
Advert
Old 01-28-2008, 07:57 AM   #6
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Sigh, microsoft should be shot. In the next release you wont need to run it as administrator and hopefully that will fix it.
Well, you're not supposed to store things inside "Program Files"
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:22 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

True I'm sure Microsoft will say I should be shot. But I am astonished it doesn't work in administrator mode, if the only difference is a permissions problem.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:19 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
keith, what you need to do is sort out Vista so you have write access to program Files. I know it can be done, but not how.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:12 AM   #9
keith
Enthusiast

I've just installed Libprs500 version 0.4.35 and it works on the Vista notebook both under a standard user account and an administrator user account. Thanks Kovidgoyal for the fix.