Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #16
pepijndevos
Connoisseur
pepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle 4NT
ref: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...nment+locks-up

It seems no final solution was found.

Arch uses a rolling release, so what version do you mean? I'm doing chroot, so inside the chroot the kernel is still Linux kindle 2.6.31-rt11-lab126 #5 Fri May 25 21:29:40 PDT 2012 armv7l GNU/Linux

At first I ran Arch from Diags, but then I had no wifi. Now I did it from main, and ti shows up in ifconfig, but still no connection.

Working on it...
pepijndevos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #17
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Hmm. I remember something about the wifi vaguely from another thread.

is it the supplicant failing?

Quote:
# Wait for the driver to be loaded, otherwise the supplicant exits
# because of failing ioctl() calls.

i=0
while [ $i -lt 10 ]; do
# Check to see if the driver is ready
if is_wlan0_ready; then
wmiconfig -i wlan0 --setdbglogconfig --mmask=0xffff
break
else
sleep 2
fi
i=$(($i + 1))
done
[ $i -lt 10 ] # Exit with error if we timed out
end script

exec $SUP -t -c /etc/$SUP.conf -i $IF -d -s $ARGS
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #18
pepijndevos
Connoisseur
pepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle 4NT
No, somehow my copy of resolv.conf got lost. works now.

Next problem is that pacman chroots out of my chroot and tries to install updates in the read-only root file system.

http://pastebin.com/2V6ZF1rn
pepijndevos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #19
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

resolv.conf gets overwritten by various tools as it is a sym link.

word to the wise. I do it all the time (WinSCP I'm looking at you)
Old 10-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #20
twobob

Ah yeah I remember now why I never bothered doing this. K5 Memory limits.

Whats the 4 got in it?
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #21
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
K4 has no Xorg gobbling space.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:44 AM   #22
twobob

ah ha well, one might hope for a but more life then. But not much given your results.
I suppose I should go wiki the total RAM. but I am CERTAIN it is more than a linux webserver I ran for the best part of a decade. Thus it is probably possible to eke out some sort of life. How much, only testing will tell.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:20 AM   #23
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
ah ha well, one might hope for a but more life then. But not much given your results.
I suppose I should go wiki the total RAM. but I am CERTAIN it is more than a linux webserver I ran for the best part of a decade. Thus it is probably possible to eke out some sort of life. How much, only testing will tell.
Bet your web server had swap enabled.

My NSLU-2 has 32Mbyte of RAM and it runs Debian armel.
That is 1/4 the RAM of the smallest amount provided with any Kindle model and 1/8 the RAM in the K4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepijndevos View Post
First time it happened while dd/mkfs'ing the file, later while downloading/extracting the Arch rootfs.
Although the O.P. does not mention **what** file system they where trying to make, it most likely has the same behavior as ext2/ext3 creation.

When RAM constrained, you will find first that you can create an ext2 file system and then add a journal (making it an ext3) but you can not initially create an ext3 file system.

Plus, once you trigger that error, it is very likely that the OOM killer has run.
Translation: No other observations are relevant until after the next complete re-boot.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #24
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Bet your web server had swap enabled.
You're not wrong