Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #376
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykhe View Post
I as well, but it still only got shipped at the 3rd. Maybe because I ordererd without Special Offers.
Yes, that would explain it. Mine had special offers and these seem to have moved first. I paid the extra $20 to unsubscribe while it was on its way. Hadn't planned to do that but didnt want the extra swipe to have to start reading.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #377
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Finally! It has arrived! and I almost missed it. The delivery guy rang the bell around 7pm, I had just gotten out of the shower and couldn't answer the door, so I ran to the front window just as the delivery guy was getting into his vehicle, and asked if he could leave it at the door. He said he couldn't. So I got my beau up from his comfy spot in his cave to go answer it. Of course he's moving at a snail's pace and couldn't care less who's at the door. The delivery guy said he can't leave it because it might get stolen and it's an expensive item. I think he's confusing it with a Kindle Fire, but okay. He has left stuff before, and without me yelling out the window to alert him that I'm home.

So my smart Alec beau, looked at the box and said, "Hmmm.... this looks like another ereader, but you already have plenty of those, so what could it be??" At which point he started tossing it in the air and playing catch with it. LOL... I tell ya! The stuff I put up with! LOL...
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #378
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Yay, glad it arrived, SolRaven.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:37 PM   #379
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
I had just gotten out of the shower and couldn't answer the door
I fail to understand what the problem was... nothing a UPS/FedEx driver hasn't seen before!
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:10 AM   #380
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I fail to understand what the problem was... nothing a UPS/FedEx driver hasn't seen before!
Old 10-09-2012, 01:05 AM   #381
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
So now I understand why Florida is such an attractive place ...
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:21 AM   #382
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
Finally! It has arrived! and I almost missed it. The delivery guy rang the bell around 7pm, I had just gotten out of the shower and couldn't answer the door, so I ran to the front window just as the delivery guy was getting into his vehicle, and asked if he could leave it at the door. He said he couldn't. So I got my beau up from his comfy spot in his cave to go answer it. Of course he's moving at a snail's pace and couldn't care less who's at the door. The delivery guy said he can't leave it because it might get stolen and it's an expensive item. I think he's confusing it with a Kindle Fire, but okay. He has left stuff before, and without me yelling out the window to alert him that I'm home.

So my smart Alec beau, looked at the box and said, "Hmmm.... this looks like another ereader, but you already have plenty of those, so what could it be??" At which point he started tossing it in the air and playing catch with it. LOL... I tell ya! The stuff I put up with! LOL...
Two things my husband knows not to mess with. One is my books and two my PC/devices unless he has a death wish.

If you're gonna take a shower you should probably keep a robe near by when expecting UPS. I use UPS My Choice so I know when to be waiting by the door.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:58 AM   #383
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
If you're gonna take a shower you should probably keep a robe near by when expecting UPS. I use UPS My Choice so I know when to be waiting by the door.
What a bunch of prudes!
Old 10-09-2012, 02:08 AM   #384
SolRaven
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It was sent via Lasership. I'm guessing it's a new, small company just getting it's feet wet, because the delivery guy was driving a Camry. It's weird, I know, but they do deliver on Sundays, so... they just might make it.

Quote:
What a bunch of prudes!
I did have a robe hanging right on the back of the door, but since I never wear it... I forgot.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #385
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
I just got updated from a 10/25 delivery date to a 10/19. Lets hope this trend continues.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #386
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
I just got updated from a 10/25 delivery date to a 10/19. Lets hope this trend continues.
That is good news.

My date is 10/25, guess I should go check for an update!!! I am waiting to order a cover "after" I see if the PW is as good as I hope.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #387
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Im still stuck waiting for the 25th : (
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #388
twowheels
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
Im still stuck waiting for the 25th : (
When did you order? Hopefully not on release day! If so, I guess I can stop feeling like I was the only release day buyer who still doesn't have a Paperwhite. :-)
Old 10-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #389
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
My PW has been 30 miles away for two days now... I guess that's what I get for using USPS free shipping, but still, that's two weeks sooner than my original ship date so I'm THRILLED. If it comes Thursday as Amazon says, I'll be very happy, if it's here when I get home from work tomorrow I'll be ecstatic as I'm off on Thursday. The other three in my house think I'm silly to get another Kindle, but no one seems to want my K3K. Daughter has a Fire, is too busy as a new teacher to do any significant reading, & the other two aren't big readers. I can't wait to try out the light (tomorrow night's O's vs NYY game would be a nice test). I predict it'll take a little time for me to get used to the touch screen.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #390
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Quote:
When did you order? Hopefully not on release day! If so, I guess I can stop feeling like I was the only release day buyer who still doesn't have a Paperwhite. :-)
Ordered sept 19th.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote