Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 02-14-2020, 12:55 AM   #1
PMrev
PMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
Update on Development! Reason for Slow Development

Hello CC Community,

I've been reading the forums over the last couple weeks and I've heard your frustrations and fears as the app has sat in an unstable state for the last couple months.

Let me try to shed some light on the situation and try to give you some hope on the matter. When the "Changing of the Guard" happened, they named Sam as a developer that was taking over from the previous owners. Even though Sam has experience with technology and software, CC presented unique challenges and was not his wheelhouse.

He cares about the community which is why I am here. We have made great leaps in the past week alone and I can tell you we are close. I am not promising all problems will disappear but you have a team here that will listen and actively solve these issues.

Jumping in at this point (right before a release) is like trying to untangle a big a** ball of string. Future releases will be smaller and more frequent.

Please be both optimistic and patient moving forward.

Alex
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 05:59 AM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to the release.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2020, 05:06 PM   #3
PMrev
PMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheesePMrev can extract oil from cheese

Slight Delay

Hey CC Community,

I have been receiving some feedback emails and monitoring the responses. I hear you loud and clear to get the iOS version stable.

With that in mind, we are near completion of the new version and were aiming to get it out this week. Our development team has run into a roadblock that deals with the app crashing for a certain sorting function.

We are taking every step to make sure crash bugs do not make it into the new version so we are slightly behind schedule with the release.

Thank you for being patient with us, I can't wait to get this more stable version out soon!

Alex
Old 02-27-2020, 12:12 AM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMrev View Post
Hey CC Community,

I have been receiving some feedback emails and monitoring the responses. I hear you loud and clear to get the iOS version stable.

With that in mind, we are near completion of the new version and were aiming to get it out this week. Our development team has run into a roadblock that deals with the app crashing for a certain sorting function.

We are taking every step to make sure crash bugs do not make it into the new version so we are slightly behind schedule with the release.

Thank you for being patient with us, I can't wait to get this more stable version out soon!

Alex
Thanks for letting us know. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm good with waiting an extra week or two.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:45 AM   #5
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Talking Patiently and hopefully waiting for the new iOS realease

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Thanks for letting us know. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm good with waiting an extra week or two.
If that what it takes to have a stable update/release, then I agree: by all means, do take (and fully use) your time.

PMrev has probably already realized this, but this iOS release is a most unique opportunity to make a good first impression.... or to f**k it up (big time) with the CM user community.

Mind you, I use the Android paid version... but I'd like to think that one release leads to the other, so I'm reasonably concerned and, I daresay, expectant for what happens next with the iOS version.

Patiently, hopefully,

[INCANUS]
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 12:22 AM   #6
PMrev

We fixed the bug!

We are so close. Running through our final UAT tests now!

Alex
Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM   #7
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMrev View Post
We fixed the bug!

We are so close. Running through our final UAT tests now!

Alex
Glad to hear. Just as an aside, I do hope you have tested with largish collections. I've got close to 4000 eBooks and I know there others who have a lot more. The initial release of iBook started to choke with more than a few hundred.