Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 03-09-2005, 10:18 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Rumor: Apple Handheld with OSX

Powerpage has an interesting article that says Apple is Developing a New Palmtop Mac. This would fit in a pocket, and would be more like tiny laptop than a PDA. The version of Mac OSX would be stripped down. Don't know if that means it is basically the same, or if it's like Windows Mobile in comparison to desktop Windows

Maybe the PDA race is not just about SmartPhone OS options like Linux, PalmOS and Windows Mobile after all!

...And, no, that picture is not what it will look like.

(via Endgadget)
Old 03-09-2005, 11:44 AM   #2
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
If there's a company that can single-handedly reinvigorate the handheld market it's Apple. I'm not getting my hopes up, though. These "Apple handheld" rumours turn up every few months.
Advert
Old 03-09-2005, 02:19 PM   #3
Chaos
Evangelist
Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Assorted older devices
I would pay a fair bit of money for an OS X based handheld.

OS X would, IMHO, work well on a handheld, with mainly stylus-based input.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:54 PM   #4
Brad
Zealot
Brad doesn't litterBrad doesn't litterBrad doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3 / EB1150 /iPhone
Quote:
I would pay a fair bit of money for an OS X based handheld.
Same here. I keep hoping Apple will do this and that it has WiFi.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:39 AM   #5
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I haven't seen any specs yet, but something like this might even draw _me_ away from the dark side!!

Craig.
Advert
Old 03-10-2005, 10:34 AM   #6
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
iBook? iPDA? iMini? Idon'tcare! If it is from Apple, it will certainly make the PDA market very interesting.